Leon Knight

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Still stand by it, think Lucas Joao is a talented player but under achieving.

You’re right, if Joao has bags of natural ability, he’s a very unique player but lacks the application. 

On 29/05/2019 at 20:02, matthefish2002 said:

Leon Knight reminds me of other player we have had over the years like Jay Boothroyd, Owen Morrisson and perhaps Lucas Joao.

Got enough talent to have a very good football career but let down by a lack of application.

Didn't his and a few other youngsters careers' go downhill once we signed Steve Harkness? 

Paul Jewell sort of regretted signing him from memory? 

2 hours ago, katie melua said:

Didn't his and a few other youngsters careers' go downhill once we signed Steve Harkness? 

Paul Jewell sort of regretted signing him from memory? 

Think Owen and Harkness bothnlike going on the wee wee.....a lot. 

Guest Jack the Hat

Leon Knight was a great league one player but not good enough for the championship. We had loads of them deon burton to name one. Knight had more tricks than burton but wasn’t really a talent wasted more he thought he was better than he was, which is different

34 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Leon Knight was a great league one player but not good enough for the championship. We had loads of them deon burton to name one. Knight had more tricks than burton but wasn’t really a talent wasted more he thought he was better than he was, which is different

Disagree on both counts, Knight and definitely Burton we’re more than capable of playing at championship level 

fairly sure Burton scored 13/14 for us back in 2007 ish at this level ? He was a decent signing for us at the time 

Many things you can say about Knight but I wouldn’t say he lacked the talent, the kid knew how to score goals definitely at league one level and with his head screwed on he would’ve been capable in the championship 

Guest Jack the Hat
9 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Disagree on both counts, Knight and definitely Burton we’re more than capable of playing at championship level 

fairly sure Burton scored 13/14 for us back in 2007 ish at this level ? He was a decent signing for us at the time 

Many things you can say about Knight but I wouldn’t say he lacked the talent, the kid knew how to score goals definitely at league one level and with his head screwed on he would’ve been capable in the championship 

Perhaps lee peacock was a better example but I think burton was league one but was pulled through by tudgay who should really have played in the prem. stand by what I say about knight though average championship played at best.

On 29/05/2019 at 07:22, Etchesketch said:

Yes he might be but you didn't put it very well did you? Think before you type.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way and what do you mean fake outrage? Insult Leon Knight but not me and others at the same time.

I'm from a council estate, 

but I know what he means, no need to (put it very well), doesn't imply we're all the same, unless you've got a chip on shoulders thing.

On 28/05/2019 at 08:13, Howards back said:

I don’t know about the podcast but he must have been one of the biggest waste of space ever to come to Hillsborough. 

In all honesty Turner played him out of position and used him poorly.

23 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Deon Burton was the best striker we've had at holding the ball up in the last 20 years 

20 minutes ago, Shelley Owl said:

Deon Burton was the best striker we've had at holding the ball up in the last 20 years 

I’d be inclined to agree 

39 minutes ago, Shelley Owl said:

Only player I've ever seen who handballed in opposition box, and got awarded penalty kick for it :happy:

Guest Jack the Hat
41 minutes ago, Shelley Owl said:

In league one. He was ok in the championship. But I’m old fashioned . Good strikers score goals. The ones who can’t always do that hold the ball up instead. Bang average.

On 01/06/2019 at 22:28, Jack the Hat said:

In league one. He was ok in the championship. But I’m old fashioned . Good strikers score goals. The ones who can’t always do that hold the ball up instead. Bang average.

He never played for us in League One. He had at least two very good seasons for us in the Championship. Best being the season we finished 9th. 

I’d echo the original point though, outside Hooper and Fletcher he’s one of the most intelligent strikers we’ve had since the Premier League days. 

On 01/06/2019 at 21:43, Shelley Owl said:

Remember playing wolves away, think we won 3-1, Burton best player on pitch, that may have been same game that Carson put in the best GK performance I think I've ever seen