Josh Onomah

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

You seem less bothered about the player being injured most of the season on this occasion.

Application would be the tool he seems to be missing and that’s a pretty key one.

No it is a worry, but from what I can see, he doesn’t have a history of injuries. Application is a key area, and an area that can be improved, as our own Liam Palmer has shown All signings are a gamble of course, but, and this is only a personal preference, I like players like Onomah and Joao, because they have the potential to be top players. Whether that will turn out to be the case, that’s the gamble I suppose.

IF he can get the consistancy into his game instead of disappearing for large parts of games , then he has the potentiol yo be a yop player. He has all the attributes to he a top box to box midfielder. For me its about consistancy .

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Going on your posts in various threads.  It's coming across that you have no faith in Steve Bruce.  Do you think it's time we replaced him?

What the hell are you on about? I am over the moon we have Steve Bruce as our manager. I am commenting on a player not the manager. I haven’t said anything negative about Bruce, he is a class manager that we are very lucky to have. I don’t rate Onomah, a player that was injured a lot of the time and that didn’t look bothered in the majority of games he did play. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What the hell are you on about? I am over the moon we have Steve Bruce as our manager. I am commenting on a player not the manager. I haven’t said anything negative about Bruce, he is a class manager that we are very lucky to have. I don’t rate Onomah, a player that was injured a lot of the time and that didn’t look bothered in the majority of games he did play. 

If you rate him so much, how about leaving him to do his job and make the signings he wants.  You have had a negative reaction to every rumour that's been posted.  You can't have your chips and eat them.

Just now, Sham67 said:

If you rate him so much, how about leaving him to do his job and make the signings he wants.  You have had a negative reaction to every rumour that's been posted.  You can't have your chips and eat them.

Do I want us to sign injury prone players. No I don’t. Hopefully they are indeed just rumours. You’ve seen Onomah play I would guess, do you think he looks bothered? Is he the type of player you want to see on the pitch not giving his all?

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Football is about opinions. If you don't like people expressing them maybe a football forum isn't the place for you.

I can understand people's worries over Onomah. Talented but didn't show much last season, and I highly doubt Spurs are going to let him come here for free. 

What's not to like?

Poch has a good idea for a clever attack minded midfielder and loves him, but has too many big name players in that position for him to get regular games. 

When he has played just a few games for us, not getting fully match fit as he has only played on and off for us, people have dismissed him, yet he still weighed in with three assists (I think)? At times he has looked real class, but has not had enough time to establish himself, which I am sure he could do with a good run in the team and especially under Bruce who has obviously seen something he likes in the player.

He is a pedigree player with loads of ability, which his England appearances back up, but my only small doubt is over his fitness levels, which a thorough medical should clear up. If we can get him at a decent price I reckon we could have a real bargain and if he does not perform to the levels that Bruce expects of him, then I reckon Bruce would at least be able to sell him on and get a return on him, unlike a lot of players we have paid over the odds for.

• Like 1