Josh Onomah

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I think that the people on here who don't want him just re-enforces how good he will be...because the majority on here wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit them on the arse

Why would a man biting my arse immediately mark him out to me as a footballer (Suarez aside)?

• Thanks 1

Similar player to what we had in Sean Clare Flair, definitely a good footballer in there just doesn’t apply himself every game and in the championship you need to be on it all the time. Has to be a small fee, I wasn’t even considering him as an option to come back. Clearly Bruce likes the lad, will trust his judgement and see what happens. 

You would think we haven’t much money to spend this summer. Onomah won’t be cheap. Personally would prefer us to look elsewhere, from what we’ve seen I don’t think he would improve us enough, yet another player that had a bad season with injuries. He had 1 or 2 good games but other times when his head dropped and he looked like he couldn’t be bothered it was like playing with 10 players on the pitch. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

In the right system he will be excellent at this level and i would expect as he matures and improves his game under the right manager he will comfortably make the step up.

We did not see the best of him, due to a poor manager, poor performances and then injury, he never really got going with us last season. 

Some have mentioned Diame on here, i would take Onomah over him every day of the week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

In the right system he will be excellent at this level and i would expect as he matures and improves his game under the right manager he will comfortably make the step up.

We did not see the best of him, due to a poor manager, poor performances and then injury, he never really got going with us last season. 

Some have mentioned Diame on here, i would take Onomah over him every day of the week. 

Yep

I'd avoid signing Onomah.  He was average for us last season.

I recognise that he's got potential and we might have seen a better quality of output if he had a consistent run in the side.

But we really should be binning off players that frequently get injured, not trying to tie them down to contracts.  A midfield trio of Lee, Hutchinson and Onomah are always going to be at risk of picking up injuries.  Why take that risk when there will be other alternatives in the transfer market?

Considering Onomah's unimpressive season-long loan here, you would have thought we'd be relieved to have his wages off the books.

He exactly the sort of player we should be looking at. Young, masses of potential, good resale value if he impresses.

So he didn't have exactly the best season last time out, but not many of the squad did to be fair.

I also like how every is saying because he had an injury with us last season that he's injury prone, he played over 30 times for Villa the season before. Every player gets injuries, a few months out when he was here doesn't mean he's injury prone ffs

Difficult one. Looks a good footballer and is only 22. Played a decent amount of football at this level and also played a handful of games for Spurs.

As mentioned above he's the type of player you should be looking to sign. He's English which means inflated potential resale value if he has a good season or two, strong and athletic. He's hit and miss but perhaps that is down to niggling injuries and a stop-start season across two managers.

I certainly wouldn't be against this signing.

3 hours ago, swfcGibbo said:

Difficult one. Looks a good footballer and is only 22. Played a decent amount of football at this level and also played a handful of games for Spurs.

As mentioned above he's the type of player you should be looking to sign. He's English which means inflated potential resale value if he has a good season or two, strong and athletic. He's hit and miss but perhaps that is down to niggling injuries and a stop-start season across two managers.

I certainly wouldn't be against this signing.

Are you from Barnsley by any chance?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Okay the lad didn't really have a run of games and may have suffered because of that BUT he showed flashes of being a very talented footballer, would be a great signing for us if we can get him through the door.

13 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I think that the people on here who don't want him just re-enforces how good he will be...because the majority on here wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit them on the arse

And what have you seen of him (whilst with us) to think otherwise? 

Lazy, weak in possession. Games just passed him by 

He’s done nothing for spurs, villa didn’t rate him and he was shiiite here 

Is it because he’s young and English he automatically must be good? 

14 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Never ceases to amaze me how many OT posters with no coaching badges and no scouting credentials know best and believe somehow the club should listen because they’re “not impressed”

Onomah has been a regular youth international for England, winning 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup and the 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship. He has a professional contract with THFC who are regular Champions League qualifiers. 

Hes 22 and is and will be a quality player with a very good career. 

Those who claim he’s poo are more qualified than Pochettino, Steve Cooper Paul Simpson and Steve Bruce (apparently). Total joke

Personally I’d be delighted if SWFC could secure the signing of one of England’s brightest prospects. 

Whilst I sort of agree with your defence of why he should be given a go     

- Remember this is a fans'  forum, it in all probability will never be read by anyone who has the decision to make his why shouldn't people voice their opinions badges or not  sounds reminiscent of AI that 

Can see the logic in signing a player like him. Young, bags of ability, good pedigree, potential resale value. 

Definitely some troubling aspects to his game though. Didn’t seem to be naturally switched on to the game around him if that makes. As if it was a real effort to stay switched on, track runners, anticipate where to be or when to press. You can’t really get away with that in midfield. 

I think we would need to become a team that dominates the ball and plays the game in the oppositions half for him to be effective

14 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Never ceases to amaze me how many OT posters with no coaching badges and no scouting credentials know best and believe somehow the club should listen because they’re “not impressed”

Onomah has been a regular youth international for England, winning 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup and the 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship. He has a professional contract with THFC who are regular Champions League qualifiers. 

Hes 22 and is and will be a quality player with a very good career. 

Those who claim he’s poo are more qualified than Pochettino, Steve Cooper Paul Simpson and Steve Bruce (apparently). Total joke

Personally I’d be delighted if SWFC could secure the signing of one of England’s brightest prospects. 

Haha. Thats about 100% of all football fans. All the fans no better than the coaches and managers. Thats why fans constantly moan about tactics and line ups.

17 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Haha. Thats about 100% of all football fans. All the fans no better than the coaches and managers. Thats why fans constantly moan about tactics and line ups.

To be fair most fans ‘no’ better when it comes to spelling and grammar :duntmatter:

• Haha 1