Josh Onomah

He had some games when he looked fantastic. Carried the ball well, had clear talent on the ball and an eye for a pass.

He also had a couple of games where he didn't look like a footballer at all. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt based on injuries and our manager at the time though. Bruce had him for a full season at Villa didn't he?

Wasn’t that impressed by him but I think he’s another one of these young players that desperately needs to find a permanent home for a few years. 

For the right fee and wages I’d take him because there’s definitely a good player in there. 

Edited by S72 Owl
  • Like 1

Only the coaching staff will know his true mentality and character.

as Bruce talks of resetting the squad, this is something we have to get right. We need self confident winners to move us through to the next level, and kill off games that otherwise we’d have drawn in the past.

based on his performances to date, haven’t seen this from this lad.

Onomah didn't have the best of times with us.  

I think the Jos effect didn't help the player.  

Bruce knows him well from his loan at Villa.  

The lad has plenty of potential, that's a given.

Who knows, Bruce might be the manager who will get the best out of him.  

If the price is an absolute steal, then I would be happy with the signing. 

If he’s in our budget, he’d be a very shrewd investment imo.

He could easily be worth a lot of money in a couple of seasons. If he doesn’t break the bank he’s definitely worth a roll of the dice. 

5 minutes ago, onslow said:

Only the coaching staff will know his true mentality and character.

as Bruce talks of resetting the squad, this is something we have to get right. We need self confident winners to move us through to the next level, and kill off games that otherwise we’d have drawn in the past.

based on his performances to date, haven’t seen this from this lad.

100 % this. 

Didn’t look interested to me. That’s the problem with a lot of loan signings, you end up with some them just going through the motions with their hearts not in it when playing at a lower level. Bruce seems to like him though. Obviously has the talent or he wouldn’t be at Spurs in the first place....

• Like 1

Played 32 times for Spurs

Played 30+ games in championship

Never played below championship level

Represented England at every level bar national team

22 years old

Has resale value

If the price is right, I'd rather sign him up than players from league 1 and 2 for the same price. This is a guy who has played in major tournaments. Won major tournaments. Played in front of 10s of thousands (be interesting to know the average attendance of spurs/villa/owls) and is a Bruce type signing. Don't really see the risk if the deal is good

Spurs academy product and England U21 international so not exactly a mug. Maybe it was an application thing under Jos? Had a good season with Bruce previously and if he could get a tune out of him it would be good business as having Bannan and Onomah in the squad/team will give us more options on the ball.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I fail to see how Steve Bruce could have been impressed with him. Was he holding back to secure a £150k price tag or what ? 

Probably because he played every week under him at Villa.

For me it's the right type of signing, still young and a very good prospect, who under the right management will make us a lot of money. Far better business plan than signing over the hill has beens.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome
  • Like 1