Jake Bidwell

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

His career has stalled, not been impressive for a few years now, probably why QPR want rid. Yes, a move might just be the kick start he needs, but for us, it would be another player signed whose star is on the wain 

Not like you to be negative

• Haha 1

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Not like you to be negative

Mate, I’m gonna be negative, when I think we are making a pigs ear of recruitment. Our recruitment has been pretty wee wee poor in recent times.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Mate, I’m gonna be negative, when I think we are making a pigs ear of recruitment. Our recruitment has been pretty wee wee poor in recent times.

You mentioned in another thread about a couple of left backs you'd want us to sign, but neither are even remotely in our pricerange.

Who would you suggest that would be within our reduced budget that we could get? 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

You mentioned in another thread about a couple of left backs you'd want us to sign, but neither are even remotely in our pricerange.

Who would you suggest that would be within our reduced budget that we could get? 

Don’t think I’ve ever mentioned any left backs we should buy Why buy, when we can borrow better. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Don’t think I’ve ever mentioned any left backs we should buy Why buy, when we can borrow better. 

Can you name these players who are available for loan and better? Genuinely asking.

Also what inside information do you have on Premier league teams and their 25 man squad given they seem to be already available for loan.

6 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Can you name these players who are available for loan and better? Genuinely asking.

Also what inside information do you have on Premier league teams and their 25 man squad given they seem to be already available for loan.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I’d probably go for Robinson or DaSilva, but there are quite a few decent options. That’s just my personal preference, but my main reasoning is, we need pace and energy. Young players will provide that. It is also the stated aim of the club itself. Looking at what we need, pace in wide areas, whether at full back, or further forward. Legs in midfield to supplement those of our ageing midfield, Hutchinson, Bannan and Lee. Plus if possible, a quick forward who can run in behind. All this can be best supplied by young hungry loan players from top flight clubs. The only place we might need additional experience, is in the centre of the defence.

Bidwell was far from a defensive fullback when I last saw him.

QPR has been a dog’s breakfast of a club for a while now, not surprising some players struggle.

I see signing of mid twenties experienced championship players as Bruce backing himself to get these players firing again.

Iorfa, Obu......, and Bidwell were at their best all pacy , attacking full backs and well capable of playing in a good championship side.

We will obviously sign a mix and expect some good quality loans, Bruce has usually done that.

However people talk like they are free and risk free they are not.

Possible loan fee , decent wages for good ones and normally strings attached on playing them.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Need a quicker option at left back than Bidwell for me. 

Ain’t all about pace 

Jeremy Helan for starters ...

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Ain’t all about pace 

Jeremy Helan for starters ...

Helan was actually a decent outlet to have. Not the best footballer but was a very important player in the season we reached the Play Off Final. Stretched teams and helped us see out a game. 

Since he left we have lacked genuine pace.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

We need defenders who can defend, how many times have criticised Fox and Palmer for not defending. Palmer now is one of best defenders so Bidwell and LB would seem a good solution on a free. LB has been a weak spot for along time now so this will be a good move if it comes off, a player who plays the whole season which has to be good news.  

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

His career has stalled, not been impressive for a few years now, probably why QPR want rid. Yes, a move might just be the kick start he needs, but for us, it would be another player signed whose star is on the wain 

212 matches over the last 5 years (avg 42) doesn't suggest a stalled career or someone that's not performing.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

212 matches over the last 5 years (avg 42) doesn't suggest a stalled career or someone that's not performing.

Yes, you’d think any club with championship aspirations, would want to keep hold of a player like that The truth is, in recent years his form has fallen away. I don’t know what other options QPR have at left back, but him playing games doesn’t tell the whole story Don’t forget, Fox was a regular starter for us at left back

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

As I mentioned in the other thread, I’d probably go for Robinson or DaSilva, but there are quite a few decent options. That’s just my personal preference, but my main reasoning is, we need pace and energy. Young players will provide that. It is also the stated aim of the club itself. Looking at what we need, pace in wide areas, whether at full back, or further forward. Legs in midfield to supplement those of our ageing midfield, Hutchinson, Bannan and Lee. Plus if possible, a quick forward who can run in behind. All this can be best supplied by young hungry loan players from top flight clubs. The only place we might need additional experience, is in the centre of the defence.

I’d like these too. But they are not defenders they could arguably play on the wing the pair of them and they are modern wing backs. 

We have a similar player already in penney who we need to bring on. Plus I suspect Bruce will prefer traditional wingers and use them in front of a more solid full back.

If we are interested in Bidwell I think it’s a sign of the switch to wingers and representative of the need of a defensive left back to compete with Penney or Odubajo if he comes, assuming fox leaves. 

Im more concerned by the poor form and release of a player who seemed to get into a rut at qpr. I think they are embargoed so you’d think they’d want to keep reliable players unless they need to cut costs and make room for new targets.

QPR are working with a restricted budget, Les Ferdinand quite open about the reason Warburtons got the job down there is to work at bringingn the young lads through and sell on for profit 

Bidwell was released after they failed to sell him, but nobody’s gonna buy when they knew he would be on a free this summer 

He’s not been in the best of form for QPR recently, but I wouldn’t just assume he’s been released because they think he’s not good enough it’s 100% down to finances