Megson was wanted by McCabe!

4 hours ago, mogbad said:

Didn't Megson once say that he was due for an interview at the sty for the managers job but when he drove into the car park he realised that as a Wednesdayite he just couldn't do it, turned round & drive out again.

He actually had the interview. But McCabe didn’t come across well at all and he left.

5 hours ago, mogbad said:

Didn't Megson once say that he was due for an interview at the sty for the managers job but when he drove into the car park he realised that as a Wednesdayite he just couldn't do it, turned round & drive out again.

He did but this clown got wind of it and was in the carpark ready 

image.png.65e08954972b48b5766dce2f84e2c626.pngonly RS listeners will get this 

• Haha 4

Wish people would stop with the costa del sheffield holiday jibes.

I'm coming over on Sunday for a week, not particularly looking forwards to it, but you've got to visit your relatives some time(personally I'm against it, but the missus insisted).

Booked a lovely cottage on the edge of the peak district, could have gone to bloody Spain for less, but hey ho....

6 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Wish people would stop with the costa del sheffield holiday jibes.

I'm coming over on Sunday for a week, not particularly looking forwards to it, but you've got to visit your relatives some time(personally I'm against it, but the missus insisted).

Booked a lovely cottage on the edge of the peak district, could have gone to bloody Spain for less, but hey ho....

the fact you can do that and b3 30 mins away is my point stay out of the S2 swamp Nigel's gonna drain it 

This is how I read it:

Simon McCabe now talking about the appointment of David Weir  [chuckle] in 2013. “Scott and I were quite worried about Kevin’s erratic behaviour [chuckle] over that past year [chuckle]. The first visible signs began [hmmmhaha] with Chris Morgan’s promotion to caretaker manager [hahaha]. That summer he was adamant that Gary Megson [eh? ha ha] would be the manager just because [here we go...] it would be easy [eh?], and he thought he’d be a popular choice [pfffffffttttthahhashoesoffhaha]. We had to take evasive action [hahahahhaevasiveactionhahahaha! Blimey what could that be?], and by chance found that David [haha] was holidaying [go on] in Sheffield [HAHAHAHAHAilovesheffieldbuthahahaha who would you holiday in Sheffield with?...] with Lee Carsley [flippinghell give over hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahaha] at the time and they were staying in the Copthorne Hotel [I'm off for a lie down]. Scott gave David one of his spare suits [oh for the love of... WOOOOOOOOOOHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH, presented [fookmeHAHAHAHAHAHAHA] him to Kevin [AAAAAAAAHHHHhahahahahahahahaha] , and within an hour we had a new manager [blimeyeffinghellhahahaohshit please let it be true, I've only just stopped laughing at Leeds blimey hahahaha.”

For those now saying it's fake news or didn't happen or whatever, it's ok, it gave me a right laugh and i'm still laughing at Leeds. Genuinely one of the funniest paragraphs I've read in a while. 

• Haha 1