Jump to content
Salmonbones

Megson was wanted by McCabe!

Recommended Posts

Simon McCabe now talking about the appointment of David Weir in 2013. “Scott and I were quite worried about Kevin’s erratic behaviour over that past year. The first visible signs began with Chris Morgan’s promotion to caretaker manager. That summer he was adamant that Gary Megson would be the manager just because it would be easy, and he thought he’d be a popular choice. We had to take evasive action, and by chance found that David was holidaying in Sheffield with Lee Carsley at the time and they were staying in the Copthorne Hotel. Scott gave David one of his spare suits, presented him to Kevin, and within an hour we had a new manager.”

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Megson once say that he was due for an interview at the sty for the managers job but when he drove into the car park he realised that as a Wednesdayite he just couldn't do it, turned round & drive out again.

  • Like 5
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The David Weir appointment turned out so well also didn’t it. 

 

McCabe is the luckiest fvvcker around with Wilder being a pig fan and wanting to manage them. McCabe stumbled on that appointment. If Wilder hadn’t have been a Blade, McCabe wouldn’t have gone for him and they would’ve been on their latest rhubarb appointment as manager. 

 

Lucky, lucky fvvckers. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine the shytefest Megsons appointment would have caused.......... Would have been a thing of beauty. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Can you imagine the shytefest Megsons appointment would have caused.......... Would have been a thing of beauty. 

Yep.Agent Megson.garymegsongarymegson:Sid:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Can you imagine the shytefest Megsons appointment would have caused.......... Would have been a thing of beauty. 

 

After the way they showed themselves up protesting about the Wilson appointment, when they didn't really have anything against him other than him being ex Wednesday, seeing their reaction to appointing Megson would have been absolutely epic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame it didn't happen, they'd still be hoofing the ball from end to end in the pub league with Agent Megson in charge.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HE would never dirty himself in such a way. 

 

Would have been been fun just for the reaction from dem blavdes. 

 

garymegson

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fake news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry Henfleet and whoosh 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

HE would never dirty himself in such a way. 

 

Would have been been fun just for the reaction from dem blavdes. 

 

garymegson

Never mind the "Wrath of God " what about the "Wrath Of Meggo " then at the Sty ? garymegsongarymegson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Simon McCabe now talking about the appointment of David Weir in 2013. “Scott and I were quite worried about Kevin’s erratic behaviour over that past year. The first visible signs began with Chris Morgan’s promotion to caretaker manager. That summer he was adamant that Gary Megson would be the manager just because it would be easy, and he thought he’d be a popular choice. We had to take evasive action, and by chance found that David was holidaying in Sheffield with Lee Carsley at the time and they were staying in the Copthorne Hotel. Scott gave David one of his spare suits, presented him to Kevin, and within an hour we had a new manager.”

 

Thought Gary Megson had a reputation for being a difficult manager for Chairmen to deal with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt he's short of cash due to promotion bonuses he'd got in his career

 

nevertheless he'd rather shovel Sh*t than work for that lot 

 

Love the Megson's   and always will

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

HE would never dirty himself in such a way. 

 

Would have been been fun just for the reaction from dem blavdes. 

 

garymegson

 

tell yourself that but he was clearly considering taking the job.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had an interview but decided against it. I think they appointed Warnock instead.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow i can see why it took them until Wilder to get out of League 1 with this type of thorough hiring process. 'Quick which footballers are in Sheffield RIGHT NOW!! HIRE THEM!!!'

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously a windup which some have taken a bit too literally.

 

Why settle for Megson when you’ve got terrorist money coming in.:duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...