Sam Morsy

I think some are doing him a disservice. He’s already proven himself one of the best defensive mid players in this league plays most games can score/pass and has leadership qualities. 

A couple of seasons ago it would seem a push but if he went to say derby, stoke or villa he wouldn’t look out of place now. 

We lack all the qualities he has in abundance and we need to build a team identity so I can see why he is a prime target...even if he isn’t an exciting player like Powell or Hourihane (both of whom have had spells in the lower leagues like Morsy).

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest Grez Bez

Always liked him. I think he's a far better player than Hutch as he's more mobile.

Ship out Pelupessy and let Hutch be the sub who comes on to hold a Game

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Do you think he’s a better player than Hutchinson?

Think we will only know the answer to that if he comes and plays for us. No one is obviously that much better.

Out of all the players we have been linked with so far though this is the one I hope we get.

16 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I think some are doing him a disservice. He’s already proven himself one of the best defensive mid players in this league plays most games can score/pass and has leadership qualities. 

A couple of seasons ago it would seem a push but if he went to say derby, stoke or villa he wouldn’t look out of place now. 

We lack all the qualities he has in abundance and we need to build a team identity so I can see why he is a prime target...even if he isn’t an exciting player like Powell or Hourihane (both of whom have had spells in the lower leagues like Morsy).

Not saying he wouldn't be a good signing but don't see how he's able to be considered as one of the best defensive mids in the league. He's played only 3 seasons at Championship level the first 2 of which he made 15 and 14 appearances. Its only last season he played 40 games for the first time ever at this level. Plus he'll be 28 in September. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

On 21/05/2019 at 20:40, Bluesteel said:

Totally agree, good passer of the ball , aggressive him and  bannan could do well

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Cattermole, Borner, Odubajo, Bidwell, Harris ... Suggests we aren't looking at paying any fees this summer 

Maybe if we sell first Embargo.png.1cf5c30fbdd39b935ac5358834d5db6f.png 

It also suggests, we shouldn’t be expecting a promotion push

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It also suggests, we shouldn’t be expecting a promotion push

Why does it ? 

You dont have to spend big fees on players to build a team capable of challenging for promotion. The Pigs proved that last season. I trust Bruce to get the players we need to mount a top six challenge next season. 

24 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

based just on his youtube highlights, he looks a Hutch clone. Keep hutch injury free for a year and he's just as good.

That won't happen though will it as good as he is we need someone who can play 46 games a season not 25.

6 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

That won't happen though will it as good as he is we need someone who can play 46 games a season not 25.

He's pretty good on appearances

27 last season, despite being frozen out by the 'tasche for the first half of the season

9 in 17/18, due to injury (hernia) and being frozen out

34 in 16/17 - Missed 3 games due to suspension

35 in 15/16 - Missed 3 games due to suspension

55 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

based just on his youtube highlights, he looks a Hutch clone. Keep hutch injury free for a year and he's just as good.

We can't keep Hutch injury free for a year mate...We can neither keep him clear of suspensions...

Its not a criticism of Hutch as a player, its simply the way he plays

• Like 1

If we are to play two man central midfield then we need someone who would work between both boxes alongside Bannan as he spends most of the match between our box and half line. No support from central midfielders to our forwards was big problem for a long time, or to be more precise whenever Lee was unavailable to play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

We can't keep Hutch injury free for a year mate...We can neither keep him clear of suspensions...

Its not a criticism of Hutch as a player, its simply the way he plays

To be fair to Hutch he does seem to have toned it down a notch or two. He needed to because he wer a reight nutter.

45 minutes ago, malek said:

If we are to play two man central midfield then we need someone who would work between both boxes alongside Bannan as he spends most of the match between our box and half line. No support from central midfielders to our forwards was big problem for a long time, or to be more precise whenever Lee was unavailable to play.

I would agree, although in truth, if we are to play with just two central midfielders, we probably need different to Bannan as well. 

We’d need both midfielders to be able to tackle, get up and down the pitch, and pitch in with their fair share of goals.