Sam Morsy

Guest wilyfox
44 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Jeez, that’s even more astounding, if we would pay that for a back up for Hutchinson Let’s hope it’s paper talk then

If it ain't Kanté, we need better. 

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If it ain't Kanté, we need better. 

Just saying, if we do a deal for someone we don’t need, at that price, and miss out on Hector because we can’t afford it, that’s flipping crazy

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Just saying, if we do a deal for someone we don’t need, at that price, and miss out on Hector because we can’t afford it, that’s flipping crazy

I wouldn't take all Bruce's words on Hector as gospel. He came in and took interest in Gibson & Findlay pretty quick. Could be saying the right things to keep options open. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I wouldn't take all Bruce's words on Hector as gospel. He came in and took interest in Gibson & Findlay pretty quick. Could be saying the right things to keep options open. 

I don’t, most managers are full of crap when it comes to saying what the fans want to hear Ditto the chairman. As much as we’d all like to see Hector back here, he’s proven his worth big time, a pairing of Findlay/Lees and Gibson, would meet with my approval 

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t, most managers are full of crap when it comes to saying what the fans want to hear Ditto the chairman. As much as we’d all like to see Hector back here, he’s proven his worth big time, a pairing of Findlay/Lees and Gibson, would meet with my approval 

What about a pairing of Morsy and Bannan.?

23 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

27 years old, should be good for about five years.

Not according to Owlstalkers it won’t 

didn't you know all players legs fall off at 30 we will get 3 years tops out of him 

on a serious note I would imagine the intensity of training will go up with him in the squad 

I also think this could be the kind of energy Bruce will go for he is very busy always looking to close down. Does a lot of dirty work but doesn’t have all those limitations that usually come with the role. This could be the type of player that will make bannan actually look better than zidane 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

didn't you know all players legs fall off at 30 we will get 3 years tops out of him 

Also they are no good if they are from the likes of Wigan, the lower leagues or Scotland.

:Sid:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

on a serious note I would imagine the intensity of training will go up with him in the squad 

I also think this could be the kind of energy Bruce will go for he is very busy always looking to close down. Does a lot of dirty work but doesn’t have all those limitations that usually come with the role. This could be the type of player that will make bannan actually look better than zidane 

He’d be a useful squad player, and an able deputy for Hutch. For that fee though, it’s a no from me. We don’t need to pay that sort of money for any back up players

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’d be a useful squad player, and an able deputy for Hutch. For that fee though, it’s a no from me. We don’t need to pay that sort of money for any back up players

Why do you think he would be back up??

And if we did pay in the region of 4-5 million for him (that's my guess what Wigan would want) then he ain't coming here to sit on the bench is he.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Why do you think he would be back up??

And if we did pay in the region of 4-5 million for him (that's my guess what Wigan would want) then he ain't coming here to sit on the bench is he.

Do you think he’s a better player than Hutchinson?

25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Looking at that vid he seems to have more in his locker than Hutch in midfield.

Good long pass, can score goals, he isn't just a tackler. 

We need more dimensions to our midfielders. Been a problem for a while.

Edited by Beholder

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Looking at that vid he seems to have more in his locker than Hutch in midfield.

Good long pass, can score goals, he isn't just a tackler. 

We need more dimensions to our midfielders. Been a problem for a while.

I wouldn’t disagree with that description, he is certainly a more all round midfielder with more strings to his bow. As a shield in front of the back four, then Hutchinson wins hands down. I suppose it depends on how we want to play If we want to play 4-4-2, then we will need the central two to be good all round midfielders, equally adept at both defending and attacking. Then the issue would be, what happens to Hutchinson and Bannan, neither of whom would fit that system

20 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Which fruit bowl did you pluck 4 or 5mil from? :Sid:

The same fruit bowl Chansiri plucks all our players valuations from.

If we want an Egyptian international, who is club captain and just recently signed a new contract our normal 350k bid ain't gonna cut it.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wouldn’t disagree with that description, he is certainly a more all round midfielder with more strings to his bow. As a shield in front of the back four, then Hutchinson wins hands down. I suppose it depends on how we want to play If we want to play 4-4-2, then we will need the central two to be good all round midfielders, equally adept at both defending and attacking. Then the issue would be, what happens to Hutchinson and Bannan, neither of whom would fit that system

I agree with you. Would prefer to go 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 next season as it suits bannan and Hutchinson and also Forestieri coming in from the left. In that regard, I’d bring in a defensive midfielder to compete with Hutch and a box to box midfielder to compete with Lee. Do agree that Bannan and Hutchinson suit a midfield 3 without question. 

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The same fruit bowl Chansiri plucks all our players valuations from.

If we want an Egyptian international, who is club captain and just recently signed a new contract our normal 350k bid ain't gonna cut it.

If he's smart he'd have a release clause inserted. Who'd wanna be tied down in Wigan any longer than needs be? 

lol

10 hours ago, gurujuan said:

What’s the big fascination with all these Wigan players. We need to set our sights higher, I feel

You know a club doesn't present the capability of an individual player, you are trying way too hard now. Maybe Everton should have never signed that Seamus Coleman from that tinpot Irish side.

• Like 1