Sam Morsy

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Morsy is a very good player at this level.

Dont think you would get many non Wednesday fans agree about the last bit though. Is Morsy better, debatable but he is definitely not no where near his quality. Dont let the fact he plays for Wigan fool you. he is probably there best player.

Saw him a few times agains us for Barnsley and for Wigan against Man City and others (in the cup) - always been one of the best players on the field, from where I was sat. Would be an excellent signing for us. 

I generally like Gurujuan's posts but he said the following:

What’s the big fascination with all these Wigan players. We need to set our sights higher, I feel.

Well I should point out that Callum Wilson and Morrison were playing in League 1 for Coventry not so long ago.

Their combined value is now over £60 million!

14 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I generally like Gurujuan's posts but he said the following:

What’s the big fascination with all these Wigan players. We need to set our sights higher, I feel.

Well I should point out that Callum Wilson and Morrison were playing in League 1 for Coventry not so long ago.

Their combined value is now over £60 million!

Nobody is saying there aren’t gems at those clubs mate, but the likelihood of finding 8 or 9 at Wigan, is pretty slim With all these good players, why did they struggle so much last season. I’ll wager Morsy won’t fetch, even one per cent of those you mention. 

The two outstanding players Wigan had last season, were their two loan players, James and Robinson.

Edited by gurujuan

40 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Nobody is saying there aren’t gems at those clubs mate, but the likelihood of finding 8 or 9 at Wigan, is pretty slim With all these good players, why did they struggle so much last season. I’ll wager Morsy won’t fetch, even one per cent of those you mention. 

The two outstanding players Wigan had last season, were their two loan players, James and Robinson.

I would think Wigan would want in the region of about 5 million for Morsy.

F*ck signing him, it will benefit Dave Allen, and he can go play in the road :Sid:

*This post sponsored by the "Please for the love of everything holy and unholy get Costello his bloody Science section because he is doing my head in FFS!* party. All donations go to buying Neil a new bath in trade for the Science section.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, malek said:

Doesn't look to me as a starter for team aiming for promotion. Not likely to get much better then he is now as well.

Neither did McGoldrick when he signed for United, football isn’t as black and white as that. 

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I would think Wigan would want in the region of about 5 million for Morsy.

Jeez, that’s even more astounding, if we would pay that for a back up for Hutchinson Let’s hope it’s paper talk then

40 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Neither did McGoldrick when he signed for United, football isn’t as black and white as that. 

Good point - it's down to knowledge of the player and how well he will fit into the system we will be playing. That's how teams full of "journeymen" and/or unknown youngsters can get promoted.