Go and get Gayle

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

It does happen but it’s rare , there are different levels of cheating and it’s difficult to spot all the time , this isn’t my issue , my moan is why do so called sportsmen have to cheat at all ? 

coz they want to win …...I umpire in the local cricket leagues and cheating is a common practice so it's no surprise that footballers who can influence decisions that can be worth multi millions use  every trick in the book to do so . ………..the days of play up play up and play the game are long gone . 

10 hours ago, bobness said:

Ideally it would be great, but it's not a realistic plan if we're hoping for promotion next season.

Signing talent on the cheap, and being able to flog them for millions is living the dream of any club owner, and a lot easier said than done. 

Expecting us to unearth quality lower league players capable of making an immediate step up is akin to playing the lottery to cover your bills instead of getting a job.

Someone is going to win the lottery, so why not me?

not necessarily for next season's promotion push, but in general.

the dingles live by unearthing talent, signing it for a couple of £100,000 or so, and letting it go for millions.

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

blokes a diver  but is he anymore a cheat than the player who handles a goal bound shot and gets away with it or as a slight tug on the shirt of a player who's thru on goal that the ref don't spot  …...I've yet to see one go up to the ref and say "I handled that mate "...……..

imagine how many 'could be sent off' after a corner?

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

coz they want to win …...I umpire in the local cricket leagues and cheating is a common practice so it's no surprise that footballers who can influence decisions that can be worth multi millions use  every trick in the book to do so . ………..the days of play up play up and play the game are long gone . 

Greed mate basically , sad sad carry on , you are actually saying oh it’s ok because everyone does it . 

For those comparing Gayle and Forestieri, try actually watching both players, Gayle goes down under no contact whatsoever, Forestieri goes down occasionally under minimal contact, but there's always contact, I don't remember ever seeing him go down when never even touched unlike Gayle.

21 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

I wouldn't want him even if we could afford him.

Exactly the type of player that's turning me off football

Summed up my feelings about him as a player

there is no doubting he'd bag goals but you'd be constantly face palming yourself when he's a cheating, diving little sh*t ....

Edited by Hack-Abusi

1 minute ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Summed up my feelings about him as a player

there is no doubting he'd bag goals but you'd be constantly face palming yourself when he's a cheating, diving little sh*t ....

Our fans are quite happy rimming Forestieri's arse though.

Guest gizowl

Some people never learn, another one that got half a reputation, done nothing special, no heart or desire, just dropping in on clubs filling his pockets.