Don’t rate him at all, and certainly don’t want us to be paying a large fee and Premier League wages.

Does nothing but whinge at referees every time he’s tackled. Fades out of games If tightly marked and feigns injury too much for me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

both vardy and mackail-smith were non leaguers who made it as big number scorers, i'd love to see us land someone like this.

Needle in a haystack. If it was easy to find then everyone would be doing it. 

Just now, bobness said:

Needle in a haystack. If it was easy to find then everyone would be doing it. 

they're there, why shouldn't we?

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

both vardy and mackail-smith were non leaguers who made it as big number scorers, i'd love to see us land someone like this.

Who wouldn't want us to find someone like this. Bigger teams than us have 10s more scouts scouring the lower leagues all the time. Best chance is for us to get them on loan once they've gone to Premier league. 

5 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Who wouldn't want us to find someone like this. Bigger teams than us have 10s more scouts scouring the lower leagues all the time. Best chance is for us to get them on loan once they've gone to Premier league. 

true that maybe the best route, BUT how much BIGGER than us are barnsley, as they keep doing it?, and running the club on it.

Owlstalk summed up perfectly in this thread. 

Moaning about not being competitive, then turning noses up at a player who scored 24 goals in 40 games last season. Yeah let's just keep the likes of Nuihu and Fletcher. We could play with 12 men and those 2 up top and they wouldn't get 24 between them. 

Then we have the threads on Forestieri who most opposition fans cannot stand, yet our fans protect everything he does. 

Batshït crazy folk on here. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

they're there, why shouldn't we?

Ideally it would be great, but it's not a realistic plan if we're hoping for promotion next season.

Signing talent on the cheap, and being able to flog them for millions is living the dream of any club owner, and a lot easier said than done. 

Expecting us to unearth quality lower league players capable of making an immediate step up is akin to playing the lottery to cover your bills instead of getting a job.

Someone is going to win the lottery, so why not me?

1 hour ago, stocksyuto said:

I'd rather see him falling all over winning us pens than winning them for another championship side tbf 

You don’t mind winning by cheating then ? . He should consider a none contact sport I reckon .

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You don’t mind winning by cheating then ? . He should consider a none contact sport I reckon .

It is what it is pretty much every other do it , as long as it's not like Leeds the other week then I'm fine with it

8 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Owlstalk summed up perfectly in this thread. 

Moaning about not being competitive, then turning noses up at a player who scored 24 goals in 40 games last season. Yeah let's just keep the likes of Nuihu and Fletcher. We could play with 12 men and those 2 up top and they wouldn't get 24 between them. 

Then we have the threads on Forestieri who most opposition fans cannot stand, yet our fans protect everything he does. 

Batshït crazy folk on here. 

So you believe Gayle and Forestieri are the same then , if I believed that I would want fessi gone , I can’t stand these mamby pamby diving , moaning ,cheating excuses of modern day footballers that try to con . 

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

It is what it is pretty much every other do it , as long as it's not like Leeds the other week then I'm fine with it

I must be old school then because winning through cheating doesn’t sit well with me at all . 

• Agree 1

Please no!

If we sign him all it proves is that we have learned nothing from the last two years and we'll be in the financial kaka again before you can say Jack Sh!!

4 hours ago, Hirst_is_god said:

West Brom have chosen not to sign Gayle from Newcastle. 

Exactly the type of striker we need. Worth a shot at getting on loan surely?

Bruce, work your magic

Yes please, always rated him. Would be a great signing.

• Sad 1

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

I must be old school then because winning through cheating doesn’t sit well with me at all . 

For me people like Barton and co are just cheating thugs, no need for it but diving to win pens is like blatantly fouling the last man to stop them going on to score 

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Each and every player we have has conned a referee to get an advantage, our ball, diving etc

If our players do it it's not called cheating though. But same outcome.

3 hours ago, Greengrass said:

I miss penguin.

penguin.jpg.a9636dfd40c336c05feeb9d1c549a132.jpg      Oswald Cobblepot   at your service!

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

rather have Gayle Platt

I'd definitely have Gayle platt :Sid:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, s73owl said:

I'd definitely have Gayle platt :Sid:

Wherever have you been?

:Sid:

3 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

He'd definitely bring a storm of excitement 

think he could get us promotion

• Agree 1