SWFC record achievements

45 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I can remember us beating Notts 5-1 away in the 73/74 season.  Can't think of any game where we've come back from 4-0 down in my 50 odd years of watching. 

Yeah, I'm beginning to doubt my memory on this. Not about the big win, cashwise, which was huge back in those days, but about the oppo's. It would have been around that time too. I will find it.

30 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Yeah, I'm beginning to doubt my memory on this. Not about the big win, cashwise, which was huge back in those days, but about the oppo's. It would have been around that time too. I will find it.

To be fair we all doubted your memory on this straightaway! lol

If Wednesday had ever been 4-0 down with 10 minutes to go and came back to win 5-4 it'd be one of the most famous games in our history.

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I can remember us beating Notts 5-1 away in the 73/74 season.  Can't think of any game where we've come back from 4-0 down in my 50 odd years of watching. 

I started going in 1973 and I am struggling to remember anytime we came from 3-0 down to get a result.

On 19/05/2019 at 20:59, cognacbarnowl said:

We made Tommy Craig the first £100,000 teenager; but what was the one received ?

Manchester United paid us £45,000 for Albert Quixall in 1958 which was a record at that time.

On 19/05/2019 at 21:56, Sham67 said:

Aren't we one of a handful of clubs who've paid and received a world record transfer fee?

I believe Ante Mirocevic in the 80's was a club record at the time we signed him for £200.000.

Edited by OwlsfaninNorway