SWFC record achievements

Not sure this will be possible to verify, but I reckon at some point in the last year and a half or so we've fielded a side with the most left footed players in.

Westwood

Pudil

Fox

Jones

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

I'm pretty sure were all in the same starting xi at some point. I reckon there won't be many teams that have fielded 8 lefties before in the same squad... not even Forest Green :ph34r:

Edited by StudentOwl

6 hours ago, roaminowl said:

So Reginald is actually called Andrew. Does anybody else feel really let down by this deliberate deception?

lol

Started using it back when HallamFM had a decent phone in show after 10pm I  would ring with alternative names. Carried on using for usernames since

16 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

First American to play in a cup final, played for us?

George Robledo in 1952 was first American to play in a FA Cup Final.  For Newcastle. Chilean. 

America is a continent, not a country. 

Edited by Lincs Owl

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

George Robledo in 1952 was first American to play in a FA Cup Final.  For Newcastle. Chilean. 

Thought America or USA was a country?

6 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Pedantry only works when it's correct...

Just now, Bulgaria said:

Thought America or USA was a country?

Nope.  No such country as America.  Mexico Canada Brazil Argentina and loads of other countries are in North or South America.  Its not the sole preserve of the USA. 

If you're going to be a pedant, you've got to be right.

America is the shorthand of the United States of America, or the country. The continent is not known as "America"... combined it is known as "The Americas", broadly split into North, South and Central. 

You would find no Canadian on the planet saying they are in "America". 

America is most definitely the USA and the USA alone. "The Americas" or "North America" and it's a different story.

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Nope.  No such country as America.  Mexico Canada Brazil Argentina and loads of other countries are in North or South America.  Its not the sole preserve of the USA. 

Try searching "America" on Wikipedia and see where it takes you.

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

OK so let's put this right: John Harkes was the first USA born player to play in a cup final. On top of that he is also the first USA born player to score in a cup final.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Not sure this will be possible to verify, but I reckon at some point in the last year and a half or so we've fielded a side with the most left footed players in.

Westwood

Pudil

Fox

Jones

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

I'm pretty sure were all in the same starting xi at some point. I reckon there won't be many teams that have fielded 8 lefties before in the same squad... not even Forest Green :ph34r:

Add Loovens and Van Aken to that list. Fairly sure they played together as two left footed centre halves.

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

But US citizens are called Americans.

Not sure if the residents of all of the two continents are called Americans but I've never heard the term used in that context.