Norwich want Rhodes

Seems 7 million might be the fee agreed by Norwich as part of the loan agreement. We are simply asking them to stick to the fee in the paperwork if they want to sign him.

Of course they don’t have to sign him but I can see why we would start from that position 

For the good of us and Rhodes, I hope we can get a deal done. He doesn’t want to come back due to allegations of bullying and he is happy at Norwich. We think he’s crap and a striker with a limited skill set.

We won’t get £7m, even though it may be in his loan contract. £4m would be the top price but I’d really be happy to take £3m given he’s on £35k PW for a further 2 years and he’s surplus to requirements.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Why wouldn’t our starting position be the fee they agreed as part of the loan deal 

Because he has hardly played all season for starters , if he had scored a hatful of goals and looked anything like £7m fair do’s but come on let’s be realistic 

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

For the good of us and Rhodes, I hope we can get a deal done. He doesn’t want to come back due to allegations of bullying and he is happy at Norwich. We think he’s crap and a striker with a limited skill set.

We won’t get £7m, even though it may be in his loan contract. £4m would be the top price but I’d really be happy to take £3m given he’s on £35k PW for a further 2 years and he’s surplus to requirements.

He’s moved his family down Norfolk too , makes sense to let him go cut our losses , wish him well and move on 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

He’s moved his family down Norfolk too , makes sense to let him go cut our losses , wish him well and move on 

Absolutely! I’d be happy with a £3m fee so we can write off this year’s payment to Boro and of next year’s payment whilst saving his wages. I honestly think this is the best we can hope to get out of any deal.

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Absolutely! I’d be happy with a £3m fee so we can write off this year’s payment to Boro and of next year’s payment whilst saving his wages. I honestly think this is the best we can hope to get out of any deal.

He wants to stay down there we want him off our wage bill , anything near £4m settles what we owe Boro doesn’t it ? 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

He wants to stay down there we want him off our wage bill , anything near £4m settles what we owe Boro doesn’t it ? 

As I understand it mate. I believe we bought Rhodes for £8m which was staggered over a 4 year period. We have 2 x £2m payments to make. If we get £4m, I’d be jubilant and it would be a no brainer. 

13 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

If we can get enough to clear the remaining payments to Boro , and het him off the wage bill , iwill he happy with that.

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Because he has hardly played all season for starters , if he had scored a hatful of goals and looked anything like £7m fair do’s but come on let’s be realistic 

He's played in 36 games for them this season, scored 9 goals. 

To get the best out of Rhodes, we would have to taylor the way we play to suit him which I think Bruce would be prepared to do. That said he is a player who’s wanted elsewhere and it’s a deal that may have to be done for Bruce to stand any chance of bringing the likes of Hector and Onomah back?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Allegations of bullying ? 

And yes I agree, he sooner he goes, the better.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs