Norwich want Rhodes

Guest Bulgaria
15 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Happy to leave it to our managerial team to do what's best for the club 

That's terribly good of you.

Bruce will be happy about that.

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Most of the appereances as a substitute and 3 goals in a league cup tie against Wycombe statistics can be manipulated 

Not exactly

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

How many games has he started ? 

Don't know pal..

But it's not "hardly played all season" is it?

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I watched Norwich whenever I could  ( Sky ) and Rhodes was rarely involved , all I’m saying is this £7m isn’t realistic now 

Started 9 games,rest were from the bench,8 games not used,quite a few cameos of less than 10 minutes

Edited by legendaryswan

16 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

What would you do with him?

Depends on if we can supply what he thrives on,in the past we havent,hes got goals in him,will he fit into how we want to play going foreward I think he may well do,but he needs to find his touch and quickly to douse the doubters many of whom have already made their mind up,could prove an asset in a side that gets the ball foreward more quickly.

If Norwich are backtracking on an agreement,id say stuff em and keep him,if Bruce agrees,but if they offer us the agreed fee then all well and good,he moves on we lower the wage bill and look elswhere

6 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Depends on if we can supply what he thrives on,in the past we havent,hes got goals in him,will he fit into how we want to play going foreward I think he may well do,but he needs to find his touch and quickly to douse the doubters many of whom have already made their mind up,could prove an asset in a side that gets the ball foreward more quickly.

If Norwich are backtracking on an agreement,id say stuff em and keep him,if Bruce agrees,but if they offer us the agreed fee then all well and good,he moves on we lower the wage bill and look elswhere

And what happens if D.C. remains stubborn and won’t budge on price Norwich back out , we keep him and his form continues next season . Sounds like the only way you think Jordan Rhodes can thrive is if chances are put on a plate for him , well the game has moved on and strikers need to be contributing more I believe . He has moved his family down Norfolk , he is happy down there , let him go we have enough strikers as it is , his fee and wages don’t warrant the risk of keeping him , Hope I’m wrong but I doubt it .

11 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Happy to leave it to our managerial team to do what's best for the club 

Dear mods. Pin this to the top of the forum section, lock all threads, and don't allow the creation of new ones. 

lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

And what happens if D.C. remains stubborn and won’t budge on price Norwich back out , we keep him and his form continues next season . Sounds like the only way you think Jordan Rhodes can thrive is if chances are put on a plate for him , well the game has moved on and strikers need to be contributing more I believe . He has moved his family down Norfolk , he is happy down there , let him go we have enough strikers as it is , his fee and wages don’t warrant the risk of keeping him , Hope I’m wrong but I doubt it .

If he's still a Wednesday player, then let's hope his form continues next season, as a goal every 168 minutes of Championship football could make all the difference to our chances.

8 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Started 9 games,rest were from the bench,8 games not used,quite a few cameos of less than 10 minutes

Which makes his nine goals rather impressed doesn't it? Even allowing for the fact that he got a hat trick in a cup game. 

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If he's still a Wednesday player, then let's hope his form continues next season, as a goal every 168 minutes of Championship football could make all the difference to our chances.

If we use him in the way Norwich use him, off the bench for the last 10 minutes. He’s too much of a liability to start games, unless we are playing a lower division team

6 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Which makes his nine goals rather impressed doesn't it? Even allowing for the fact that he got a hat trick in a cup game. 

So we would happy with our supposedly highest paid striker returning a princely sum of 9 goals?

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If we use him in the way Norwich use him, off the bench for the last 10 minutes. He’s too much of a liability to start games, unless we are playing a lower division team

"Use him in the way Norwich use him"....errr! You mean to get us promoted like?

• Haha 2

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 16:45, gurujuan said:

Well if Bruce can’t find a place in the side for Joao, given those stats, he’s hardly likely to find a place for Rhodes, who offers  nothing but goals

with those stats that's 50 goals from your 2 strikers if they did sod all else i'd take that . …...I cant think any manager would turn down a return like that .

25 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

"Use him in the way Norwich use him"....errr! You mean to get us promoted like?

Ideally yes, they seem to have found the perfect role for him. I’ve always said it, if we use him in the way ALF was used by Reading, there would be a place for him at Hillsborough Was it worth paying that sort of money just to have a player like that on the bench? Definitely not, but what’s done is done, we either sell him, or find a way of utilising him