24 minutes ago, penrhyn bay owl said:

But i bet guru stopped you and told you how crap you are. 

No he hasn't PBO yet ...

but a guy took a swing at me and couldn't reach me chin 

lol

I reckon it was Rocket or Ian.....:Sid:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

Only 2 kits I recall us having thin stripes so probably something like one of these, they will look a bit different with a different sponsor. 

If Chansiri follows his usual pattern of resurrecting old kits

And with him stating a few times that he doesn't like stripes

I would guess the shirt will be white with very thin blue pin stripes

A reversal of the solid blue shirt with thin white pin stripes we had 2 or 3 years ago

That's my guess

• Like 1

I just hope he's cottoned on that the fans like proper stripes.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If Chansiri follows his usual pattern of resurrecting old kits

I would guess the shirt will be white with very thin blue pin stripes

A reversal of the solid blue shirt with thin white pin stripes we had 2 or 3 years ago

That's my guess

Possibly, if so then hopefully with blue shorts or we'll be close to dirty leeds kit.

• Like 1

Yes please:

sheff-wed-h-88-89.gif

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

WTF:

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Not telling but he knows someone who works for club. :rolleyes:

The kit is great apart from that horrid Chupa Chups. I've still got a couple of shirts with this on, other is yellow away shirt.

Any tips on getting logo off without knackering shirt up?

-1 for dissing the iconic Salvador Dali designed Chupa Chup's logo.  Philistine...

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, j17tjp said:

Regular stripes AND Thin stripes. 

So like this.......  

68C6ECF6-CE90-4BAD-A6C8-6D33982D6DCD.jpeg

That's not what I meant. I posted in the same thread a few days ago. That my feeling was because a lot of other clubs over here and abroad seemed to be changing up their striped shirts. That we might see a subtle change. My guess was a striped shirt but with added thin stripes or trim either in black or blue within the white stripes or around them. We did something similar in around 2011-12. So, I predicted that it might be similar to one of our iconic 1990s kits, my guess was the Di Canio era kit with that 2011-12 added thin stripe thing added to the shirt? A combination of these two or one of the 90s kits combined with that more recent kit? 

sheffield_wednesday_1997-1999.gif.904f6e837436f789d42ecc9fd2489bfc.gifsheffield_wednesday_2011-2012.gif.81a7c113dc97d028175ea06930eaa09e.gif

50 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Yes please:

sheff-wed-h-88-89.gif

If it were a modern version of that 80s kit. I'd prefer it to be slightly changed up, with some added black trim, black shorts and hooped socks or something like that. I think black shorts look better and more unique when we have them, regardless of the shirt style, I think we should retain black shorts.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Changed up? Get in the füç˚king sea:biggrin:

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

I've heard new home shirts have thin stripes looking similar to these. 

Image result for old swfc shirts Image result for old swfc shirts

I can't look at that Finlux shirt without thinking of Mel Sterlands thighs.

4 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Changed up? Get in the füç˚king sea:biggrin:

Personally I don't want us to change up our striped shirt. But the trend with most teams that have striped shirts, over here and abroad, is to change up or modernise their stripes in some way or even ditching them altogether. I'd personally rather us just have a modern recreation of the Di Canio era home kit or one of the iconic early 90s home kits. But my preference is for us to retain black shorts as often as possible because to me it makes our home kits more unique.

Sorry if I've already posted not sure if this is the same thread.

Here's my idea for the new home shirt.

The old owl silhouette faded, which would wrap around the bottom edge of the shirt.

new_kit.jpg

5 minutes ago, S70 Owl said:

Sorry if I've already posted not sure if this is the same thread.

Here's my idea for the new home shirt.

The old owl silhouette faded, which would wrap around the bottom edge of the shirt.

new_kit.jpg

quite like this, wouldn't have the silhouette owl personally but still looks really good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Hooper said:

Yes please:

sheff-wed-h-88-89.gif

That kit was hideous

• Agree 8

The shirt was as responsible for our late 80s decline as Peter Eustace was. Changed from thicker stripes, became rubbish. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

The shirt was as responsible for our late 80s decline as Peter Eustace was. Changed from thicker stripes, became rubbish. 

I thought the same about the change from Umbro to Puma....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

That's not what I meant. I posted in the same thread a few days ago. That my feeling was because a lot of other clubs over here and abroad seemed to be changing up their striped shirts. That we might see a subtle change. My guess was a striped shirt but with added thin stripes or trim either in black or blue within the white stripes or around them. We did something similar in around 2011-12. So, I predicted that it might be similar to one of our iconic 1990s kits, my guess was the Di Canio era kit with that 2011-12 added thin stripe thing added to the shirt? A combination of these two or one of the 90s kits combined with that more recent kit? 

sheffield_wednesday_1997-1999.gif.904f6e837436f789d42ecc9fd2489bfc.gifsheffield_wednesday_2011-2012.gif.81a7c113dc97d028175ea06930eaa09e.gif

The VW one is one of my favourites . I managed to get one of the ones without the VW logo . Just stripes all round will do me . Plain or big square on the back just looks garbage to me . Red numbers like the nineties , stripes all around and a march back to the prem while laughing as the dark side are known in the prem as Sheffield united nil . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Minton said:

That kit was hideous

I don't like it too. Only way it would win me over, is if it had black shorts, nicer socks and smarter trim that matched the shorts and socks.

• Agree 2