New kit

4 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Changed up? Get in the füç˚king sea:biggrin:

Personally I don't want us to change up our striped shirt. But the trend with most teams that have striped shirts, over here and abroad, is to change up or modernise their stripes in some way or even ditching them altogether. I'd personally rather us just have a modern recreation of the Di Canio era home kit or one of the iconic early 90s home kits. But my preference is for us to retain black shorts as often as possible because to me it makes our home kits more unique.

5 minutes ago, S70 Owl said:

Sorry if I've already posted not sure if this is the same thread.

Here's my idea for the new home shirt.

The old owl silhouette faded, which would wrap around the bottom edge of the shirt.

new_kit.jpg

quite like this, wouldn't have the silhouette owl personally but still looks really good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

That's not what I meant. I posted in the same thread a few days ago. That my feeling was because a lot of other clubs over here and abroad seemed to be changing up their striped shirts. That we might see a subtle change. My guess was a striped shirt but with added thin stripes or trim either in black or blue within the white stripes or around them. We did something similar in around 2011-12. So, I predicted that it might be similar to one of our iconic 1990s kits, my guess was the Di Canio era kit with that 2011-12 added thin stripe thing added to the shirt? A combination of these two or one of the 90s kits combined with that more recent kit? 

sheffield_wednesday_1997-1999.gif.904f6e837436f789d42ecc9fd2489bfc.gifsheffield_wednesday_2011-2012.gif.81a7c113dc97d028175ea06930eaa09e.gif

The VW one is one of my favourites . I managed to get one of the ones without the VW logo . Just stripes all round will do me . Plain or big square on the back just looks garbage to me . Red numbers like the nineties , stripes all around and a march back to the prem while laughing as the dark side are known in the prem as Sheffield united nil . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I don't like it too. Only way it would win me over, is if it had black shorts, nicer socks and smarter trim that matched the shorts and socks.

The only way it could win me over is if it was on fire lol

Edited by Minton
  • Haha 2

So last year they did a photo shoot of the kit in the megastore the friday before Owls in the park. Anyone spotted any unusual activity outside the megastore if driving past Hillsborough today? Or any camera crew vans pulling into the training ground? Or any delivery vans with boxes saying 'new kit' being delivered? Someone has to know something!!!

Guest Manwithastick
1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

So last year they did a photo shoot of the kit in the megastore the friday before Owls in the park. Anyone spotted any unusual activity outside the megastore if driving past Hillsborough today? Or any camera crew vans pulling into the training ground? Or any delivery vans with boxes saying 'new kit' being delivered? Someone has to know something!!!

Becci does know:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Went to get my nephew a goal keeper top this morning and the woman behind the counter was unpacking a load of what looked like white t shirts so I’m guessing our new kit supplier is going fruit of the loom! 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mr Hooper said:

Yes please:

sheff-wed-h-88-89.gif

Funny how we all like different things, I commented in the 2019/2020 kits section that I wouldn’t mind this kit again for a season. Similar to AC Milan’s kit of thin stripes next season.  But need to see the actual kit before saying if it looks ok or not 

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

Looks like we nicked the material and design from a Skeggy deckchair. Grim kit

It was awful. From the Kop when we were up the far end of the pitch it looked like we were flipping' L**ds. You couldn't make out the blue at all. Still didn't stop me buying the bugger though!

Edited by Utah Owl

4 hours ago, Sham67 said:

-1 for dissing the iconic Salvador Dali designed Chupa Chup's logo.  Philistine...

Iconic it may be but it wasn't designed to go on the front of a football shirt!