New kit

11 hours ago, The Batman said:

Not saying there's owt wrong with the latest kits, just that to make out they're superior is nonsense imo.

It's just exaggeration to counter those that criticise them.

I've got Lotto and Diadora shirts that are as good as new still.

I think the only bad one's we've had were the Sondico ones, where one batch were basically factory seconds at best. Upsidedown logos etc :duntmatter:

Ps, the Puma ones post LS were more basic. That was the Club's choice.

The Children's Hospital ones were great. Still have the home and away and the quality is excellent.

You might've missed the bit where I said I've worked in the creative sector of the sportswear industry for the last fifteen years, and been involved in the design of products for adidas, New Balance and Puma, amongst others.

I speak from experience when I say the quality of the Elev8 kits is better than anything else since we were relegated from the Prem (I'd say the Diadora kits were also decent, to be fair). It's not an opinion, it's a fact. The materials are higher quality and the construction is of higher quality.

I have the Children's Hospital away shirt (black with yellow pinstripes), and quality of materials and construction is the worst football shirt I've ever ever owned by a huge distance. In fact, it's one of the poorest quality items of clothing of any type that I've ever owned. The material lost its overall shape and permanently creased up after just one or two washes, and the stitching came undone within a few weeks. In the end I only wore it a handful of times. If it wasn't forming part of collection it would definitely have been binned.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

I've heard new home shirts have thin stripes looking similar to these. 

Image result for old swfc shirts Image result for old swfc shirts

My first season watching Wednesday was that chupa chups kit. Remember seeing the likes of David Burrows and Paul McLaren striding around in it. 

• Haha 1

I do wonder if DC has factored in that we'd sell double or treble the amount of shirts, tracksuits, jackets, tops etc IF they were a top brand. 

Bit snobby I know but even repositioning the Elev8 logo so it looks more like a sponsor than a Skeggy market dodgy brand name would help with sales. It's a funny world today where stuff like that matters too the average youth on da street. Init. 

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

The best gear we've had during DC's reign so far, has in my opinion been some of the walk out jackets/track suit tops. Some of them have looked class. The kits and shirts have been hit or miss, quite varied and poor in design but inventive. Inventive isn't necessary a bad thing, some of our best kits in the 90s were inventive. But recent kits in my opinion have lacked something and not had the same quality as some of the jackets, track suit tops and training gear.

I walked the dog in my walkout top and trackie bottoms the other day and was stopped for 6 selfies and 8 Autographs ..

9 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

I do wonder if DC has factored in that we'd sell double or treble the amount of shirts, tracksuits, jackets, tops etc IF they were a top brand. 

Bit snobby I know but even repositioning the Elev8 logo so it looks more like a sponsor than a Skeggy market dodgy brand name would help with sales. It's a funny world today where stuff like that matters too the average youth on da street. Init. 

I don’t think it would make a huge difference in sales of replica kit, simply because it’s the team’s uniform and people generally will buy it for that reason even if they don’t particularly like it much.

I think you’re absolutely right with all the other clothing though. In those cases name brands will almost definitely sell better. That was probably the biggest risk factor with going with the new brand, but I wonder if the price difference with the new replica kits has perhaps taken care of any potential loss of profit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Excellent point. I do believe the young uns would be more inclined to buy a top with Nike or Adidas on it. Fickle but I think it could be true. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rogers said:

From whom did you hear this? 

Not telling but he knows someone who works for club. :rolleyes:

49 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

My first season watching Wednesday was that chupa chups kit. Remember seeing the likes of David Burrows and Paul McLaren striding around in it. 

The kit is great apart from that horrid Chupa Chups. I've still got a couple of shirts with this on, other is yellow away shirt.

Any tips on getting logo off without knackering shirt up?

Edited by bradowl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

Only 2 kits I recall us having thin stripes so probably something like one of these, they will look a bit different with a different sponsor. 

If Chansiri follows his usual pattern of resurrecting old kits

And with him stating a few times that he doesn't like stripes

I would guess the shirt will be white with very thin blue pin stripes

A reversal of the solid blue shirt with thin white pin stripes we had 2 or 3 years ago

That's my guess

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If Chansiri follows his usual pattern of resurrecting old kits

And with him stating a few times that he doesn't like stripes

I would guess the shirt will be white with very thin blue pin stripes

A reversal of the solid blue shirt with thin white pin stripes we had 2 or 3 years ago

That's my guess

Possibly, if so then hopefully with blue shorts or we'll be close to dirty leeds kit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Not telling but he knows someone who works for club. :rolleyes:

The kit is great apart from that horrid Chupa Chups. I've still got a couple of shirts with this on, other is yellow away shirt.

Any tips on getting logo off without knackering shirt up?

-1 for dissing the iconic Salvador Dali designed Chupa Chup's logo.  Philistine...

2 hours ago, j17tjp said:

Regular stripes AND Thin stripes. 

So like this.......  

68C6ECF6-CE90-4BAD-A6C8-6D33982D6DCD.jpeg

That's not what I meant. I posted in the same thread a few days ago. That my feeling was because a lot of other clubs over here and abroad seemed to be changing up their striped shirts. That we might see a subtle change. My guess was a striped shirt but with added thin stripes or trim either in black or blue within the white stripes or around them. We did something similar in around 2011-12. So, I predicted that it might be similar to one of our iconic 1990s kits, my guess was the Di Canio era kit with that 2011-12 added thin stripe thing added to the shirt? A combination of these two or one of the 90s kits combined with that more recent kit? 

sheffield_wednesday_1997-1999.gif.904f6e837436f789d42ecc9fd2489bfc.gifsheffield_wednesday_2011-2012.gif.81a7c113dc97d028175ea06930eaa09e.gif

50 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Yes please:

sheff-wed-h-88-89.gif

If it were a modern version of that 80s kit. I'd prefer it to be slightly changed up, with some added black trim, black shorts and hooped socks or something like that. I think black shorts look better and more unique when we have them, regardless of the shirt style, I think we should retain black shorts.