Have we sold our ground

Just now, Drewswfc said:

Who's going to buy the club without buying the ground? 

Not sure how to answer that really. Someone who wants to own a football club? Flip your argument around and if the ground owner didn’t want to sell then we would never be taken over again.

37 minutes ago, Minton said:

Very much up in the air as rents vary wildly.

Swansea pay peppercorn rent for example (Usually a token £1), Bournemouth pay £300,000, West ham supposedly pay £2.5m.

I would go lower middle ground for safety and say £750,000p/a wouldn't be out of the question

So Swansea pay a pound and get 40 m parachute payments. We are paying running costs of 5m on our ground with no parachute payments? If MrChas found a away of levelling that field then good luck to him

5 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Who's going to buy the club without buying the ground? 

Aren't the 2 United owners in court at the minute because one of them wants the club on the cheap without the ground included in the purchase? 

16 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Have to say though, the likes of Swansea and West Brom don't look financially stable to me. They've both had to cut back massively even with the aid of parachute payments. If the contract between spending in the Prem and champ is so big, which it is, then I still think these payments should exist personally. 

Agree to an extent. They should exist to help clubs who absolutely need it. It shouldn’t be given by default though. Or more needs to be done to tackle the root cause of the gulf between PL and EFL. 

For example, Perhaps there should be a default clause in player contracts that give the club powers to reduce wages or terminate contracts. Players shouldn’t be allowed to hold all the cards when their ultimate failure has caused the club to go down. 

15 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So the EFL allows him to sell the ground and the surrounding areas and lease them back based on the filed accounts from 2 years ago the ground and club is valued at £24m or just a little more than we loss in the account to May 2017.

It buy's DC another season of mismanaging the club and then next season we find ourselves in the same mess again, breaking the £39m losses on the 3 years rolling, no players sold, players on £30-40,000 a week not playing.

What then do we sell, the future revenue from season tickets sales - no wait a minute he already tried this with the 1867 club and the fans where not stupid enough to fall for it.

DC running of the club is lie a bucket with a hole in it, until he sures up the hole the club will continue to haemorrhage money.

I really don't care this may get us around the P&S rules for me this is a stupid idea that will end very badly for SWFC. 

What if it’s 100m would you change your views 

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So Swansea pay a pound and get 40 m parachute payments. We are paying running costs of 5m on our ground with no parachute payments? If MrChas found a away of levelling that field then good luck to him

How do you effectively gain anything by buying something you already own then renting it back to a company you already own? All that he is basically doing is inputting capital to fill a financial black hole of his own making. He can only profit by achieving promotion otherwise we will be pretty soon back to square one financially just without the only saleable asset.

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

What if it’s 100m would you change your views 

No because DC uses the rules as his excuse why he cannot put anymore than £1.2m in a season to the club.

So what makes you think those same rules are going to allow us to value the club 5 times more than it was valued in the last filed accounts.

He would be better off trying to find oil under Hillsborough stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

So FFP forces clubs to sell their assets to stay competitive whilst at the same time allowing the financial doping of 3 teams every year for 3 years?

And people still think FFPs a good idea?

It doesn't force clubs. Technically if we'd have managed oursleves better finanically instead of paying millions for failures like Abdi, Rhodes etc then we wouldnt have to do this. I can see how FFP frustrates fans but surely people can see how we've contributed to leading ourselves down this path. Its not the EFLs fault that we've spunked some real money away on absolute garbage and have failed to sell a single player of worth during Chansiris tenure. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

So FFP forces clubs to sell their assets to stay competitive whilst at the same time allowing the financial doping of 3 teams every year for 3 years?

And people still think FFPs a good idea?

I think FFP/P & S is a good idea because something had to be found to rein in reckless spending when wage bills can exceed the total operating turnover of clubs. That doesn't mean I feel the way it is currently administered is sensible or sustainable.

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It doesn't force clubs. Technically if we'd have managed oursleves better finanically instead of paying millions for failures like Abdi, Rhodes etc then we wouldnt have to do this. I can see how FFP frustrates fans but surely people can see how we've contributed to leading ourselves down this path. Its not the EFLs fault that we've spunked some real money away on absolute garbage and have failed to sell a single player of worth during Chansiris tenure. 

No, it doesn’t force clubs to do anything. If they want to be successful though it pretty much puts paid to that & keeps you in your place. The reality of modern football is you either invest or stagnate. To get from where we were to where we are to where we want to be takes money. Our owner has that money but is not allowed to invest because an owner once levied their debt against their club as a loan & then demanded that money back. Instead of making a rule to close that loophole they invented a rule to effectively protect the status quo. And yes, our business model has been seriously flawed but the bills are being paid, everyone’s getting their wages & the tax mans getting his cut - so what exactly have we done wrong? If the investment is a gift & not a loan then no harm done surely?

32 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So the EFL allows him to sell the ground and the surrounding areas and lease them back based on the filed accounts from 2 years ago the ground and club is valued at £24m or just a little more than we loss in the account to May 2017.

It buy's DC another season of mismanaging the club and then next season we find ourselves in the same mess again, breaking the £39m losses on the 3 years rolling, no players sold, players on £30-40,000 a week not playing.

What then do we sell, the future revenue from season tickets sales - no wait a minute he already tried this with the 1867 club and the fans where not stupid enough to fall for it.

DC running of the club is lie a bucket with a hole in it, until he sures up the hole the club will continue to haemorrhage money.

I really don't care this may get us around the P&S rules for me this is a stupid idea that will end very badly for SWFC. 

This must seriously be a parody account!

No one can be this consistently boring/stupid/irrelevant without trying!

Whoever you really are at least have the common decency to post under your real persona whilst making your slanderous and libellous attacks on the Chairman!

How the mods have let you get away with it for so long under the guise of stupidity is literally beyond belief!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3