Adam Matthews

I get the impression Bruce may be looking at implementing the 532 he used when he took Hull up the first time. Also could suggest Palmer may be off or that he sees Odubajo as a left but to me it looks like Odubajo and Matthews could both play right wing back. Moving Iorfa to right centre half and the German lad brought in could be to play left centre seeing as though he’s left footed. But hey we will see what happens, trust Bruce whatever happens. 

I am always sceptical when we are linked with Sunderland players. It is clear our agents had some sort of link up with them in we had numerous players from them and we are linked with every one who is going to leave that club. I suspect it is known we were after a right back and them old sources are circulating this just to see if any interest or a reminder he is available.

If we have signed Odubajo and Palmer resigns I expect they will cover left back position as well with Iorfa and Penney being others in frame for full back positions. 

It should be noted we have a young lad called Dawodu who is probably best right back prospect I have seen at club since Mel Sterland. On evidence I have seen he will be taking u/23 spot from Baker next season for certain.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Another player that has been blighted by injuries. We seem obsessed with injury prone players this summer! 

Can you name any player that has never had an injury?

1 hour ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

We can only play 11 right backs at once, can't we?

10 actually

1 Roland Nilsson

2 Roland Roland

3 Roland Nilsson

4 Roland Nilsson

5 Roland Nilsson

6 Roland Nilsson

7 Roland Nilsson

8 Roland Nilsson

9 David Hirst

10 Roland Nilsson

11 Roland Nilsson

• Haha 5

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, keefdave said:

10 actually

1 Roland Nilsson

2 Roland Roland

3 Roland Nilsson

4 Roland Nilsson

5 Roland Nilsson

6 Roland Nilsson

7 Roland Nilsson

8 Roland Nilsson

9 David Hirst

10 Roland Nilsson

11 Roland Nilsson

When asked what the plan for that team was, they said we'll get right-back to you. 

Presumably we will have enquired about various people and this is where the stories surface. 

Given his injury record and the general shambles that is Sunderland’s defence it wouldn’t be top of my list. He seems decent going forward though.

Guest Ash76
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not really

Have you ever thought anyone we’re linked with is good? 

Doesn’t really make sense, the back unit was sorted, and sold last season, with only a new left back needed So far we have been linked with 4 defenders, none of which is a left back. IF any of these stories are true, are we not in danger of doing what we did post Wembley, when instead of addressing the 2 or 3 positions in which we were short, we embarked on a wholly unnecessary recruitment drive. 

4 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Have you ever thought anyone we’re linked with is good? 

Hector, I said he was good as soon as we were linked with him. Must admit I had worries about Aarons and Lazaar, and probably still do

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I dont see Iorfa as a rightback under Bruce .like you say centre half or i even think he can play the holding midfield role. Strong , powerful ,pacy .

The lad did say in an interview when he signed that he Is a Cb and that's where he wants to play. 

Maybe were thinking we can't get a deal for Hector, or that was Bruce plan from the start. 

Integrate him into the side at rb becouse he couldn't really drop lees (captain) or Hector (probably been our best player this year).. 

Then move him to cb next season. 

30 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

When asked what the plan for that team was, they said we'll get right-back to you. 

Only because they got left-back in the manager's office.

Edited by pazowl55

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Well I think it is a backup option as Bruce has made no secret that he would want Hector back. The danger has always been that getting him could be difficult so he has a plan B.

Think he probably has a plan B for all the loan players that have left incase they dont return and also all the our of contract people we have offered new deals to incase they dont sign.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s possible I suppose, though none of those mentioned, seem to be in Hector’s league

Nor are we anymore in terms of finance, I bet. lol

Edited by wilyfox

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

How many right backs do we want?  Iorfa, Palmer, Odubajo, this guy? 

Can't see us starting the season with 4 so one of these has to be nonsense, or Palmer isn't signing.  

Palmer yet to sign a contract

Iorfa to play centre back

Odubaju to play right midfield/wing.

Bruce keeping us all guessing, (particularly Palmer while he considers his future).