18/19 Season Goals

Noticeable that until the start of the Bruce reign there were hardly any goals from free kicks / corners. Maybe next season we can improve on that as we'll a season scoring from open play. Will probably need to if we are to get a sniff of a top 6 finish.

30 minutes ago, Tank_owl said:

Noticeable that until the start of the Bruce reign there were hardly any goals from free kicks / corners. Maybe next season we can improve on that as we'll a season scoring from open play. Will probably need to if we are to get a sniff of a top 6 finish.

Didn't notice until you pointed it out but there are definitely more. 

Overriding thing I get from this vid is yet more confused by Joao. Heaps more evidence here for him having literally every talent you could ever need at this level, and yet still jogging about like he’s just missed a bus for the 90% of time he’s not scoring absolute bangers.

What the heck is it with this lad, outrageous ability but seems almost to resent being made to play. Can’t figure him out at all, don’t think I’ve ever wished a Wednesday player to fulfil their potential more than him.

I know it seems increasingly daft to be saying this season after season, but...IF Bruce can succeed in lighting a fire under him where three others have failed, he *could* still be worth millions.

If not, he’s gonna end up doing nowt within a season or two. Drives me barmy.

C’mon lad! For yourself, if not for us!

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Overriding thing I get from this vid is yet more confused by Joao. Heaps more evidence here for him having literally every talent you could ever need at this level, and yet still jogging about like he’s just missed a bus for the 90% of time he’s not scoring absolute bangers.

What the heck is it with this lad, outrageous ability but seems almost to resent being made to play. Can’t figure him out at all, don’t think I’ve ever wished a Wednesday player to fulfil their potential more than him.

I know it seems increasingly daft to be saying this season after season, but...IF Bruce can succeed in lighting a fire under him where three others have failed, he *could* still be worth millions.

Absolutely agree. What a player, potentially, but he's not getting any younger and needs to perform consistently. Time to prove himself, as you say, for himself as much as for Wednesday!

3 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

I'd love to see him coached by someone like Ian Wright to instil bit of nastiness and mental aggression into him. You can have all the talent in the world, but it's no use unless you have the determination to use it. He's either too soft mentally or just doesn't giveashit any more. Shame really cos there's one hell of a player hiding in there, FFS.