Dez Hazel

6 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

My main memory of Des Hazel is of him playing at Wembley for us in that Mercantile Credit Football League Centenary tournament that we were runners up. Still got the VHS of it in the loft.

Tore Stuart Pierce a new A-hole that day

• Like 1

My Dad used to drag me down to Millmoor (it was part and parcel of the culture of abuse in Rotherham back then). One of my enduring memories as a nipper was feeling really sorry for him due to the booing, dog’s abuse and general hatred he’d receive from his own fans. I think Dez was there back in the days when teams could only make one sub and if Rotherham were chasing the game, he was always the one to come on after about 65 minutes.

The only two real real entertaining aspects about visiting Millmoor were the Pies and the Hecklers both of which were of a high standard at that point in time. I can remember one particular time Dez was warming up and a spectator behind the dugout shouted “Come on Dez, give us some magic” to which another wag in the crowd replied  “Yeah make yourself f’king disappear”.

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Wasn’t he at Chesterfield at one point, with Waddle’s lad

Jack has a bit of his dad's looks about him, sadly doesn't play the same.   Runs a bit similar at times mind you.

Must be mid 20's now I have no idea where he plays these days but I know he spent some time in Sweden after leaving Chesterfield.

8 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Jack has a bit of his dad's looks about him, sadly doesn't play the same.   Runs a bit similar at times mind you.

Must be mid 20's now I have no idea where he plays these days but I know he spent some time in Sweden after leaving Chesterfield.

I know he's been playing for Hallam