Jump to content
@owlstalk

Can you name this former Owl?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, steveger said:

Viv Anderson ?

 

Nah I definately remember him playing for us!    He asked to look at Chris Bart-Williams passport because he thought he had to be older than 17!

 

 

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

 

Sid James, obvs

:Sid:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pulsar said:

 

 

Was it?

Oh dear, was a better sesh than i thought 

lol

 

Could've sworn he scored a blinder in a big away win at Leicester.

 

Definitely scored a screamer at Carrow Road which I rated as the best Wednesday goal I'd seen at the time and there was great photo's in the next home programme from I presume Steve Ellis the club photographer of the strike and then further photo's of the ball in flight and finally hitting the back of the net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Pulsar said:

 

 

Was it?

Oh dear, was a better sesh than i thought 

lol

 

Could've sworn he scored a blinder in a big away win at Leicester.

I think we got battered 6-1 or something like that at Leicester that season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

definitely scored a cracker at Filbert Street, I reckon we did win 3-0 and all goals were scored in front of our large following on their divided Kop.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, marconi said:

definitely scored a cracker at Filbert Street, I reckon we did win 3-0 and all goals were scored in front of our large following on their divided Kop.

 

 

Cheers Marconi, glad I'm not on my own then.

 

 

Of course, we could both be wrong 

lol

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

 

 

Cheers Marconi, glad I'm not on my own then.

 

 

Of course, we could both be wrong 

lol

Volley in to the roof of the net from outside the box. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found it on the archives. 19th October 1985 won 3 2

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, marconi said:

Volley in to the roof of the net from outside the box. 

 

13 minutes ago, marconi said:

Found it on the archives. 19th October 1985 won 3 2

 

 

That's it!!!!!!

You're a bloody star mate, I knew he scored while we scored 3, just managed to blank out their goals that's all

:rolleyes:

 

I tried finding the game on youtube but only succeeded in being reminded of a Steve Moran hat-trick before watching Leicester v Newcastle with Waddle.

Ended up going off on a reyt 80s tangent.

 

Miss those days.

:wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

 

 

 

That's it!!!!!!

You're a bloody star mate, I knew he scored while we scored 3, just managed to blank out their goals that's all

:rolleyes:

 

I tried finding the game on youtube but only succeeded in being reminded of a Steve Moran hat-trick before watching Leicester v Newcastle with Waddle.

Ended up going off on a reyt 80s tangent.

 

Miss those days.

:wub:

Aparantly there was a TV blackout of matches for the start of the 1985 season.

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, marconi said:

Aparantly there was a TV blackout of matches for the start of the 1985 season.

 

 

Bloomin' John Helm for you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2019 at 17:31, Shetland Owl said:

great player

Great? Oh dear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Great? Oh dear. 

 

Why do you say that?

He didn't call him a legend or anything.

Why do so many people pull former players down?

As far as i remember Siggi Jonsson was brought in by Mr Wilkinson as a good prospect and was a pretty decent player as far as i remember. I was very young and impressionable though. I even cheered Larry May and Tony Galvin.

SJ was very unlucky with injuries but he can't have been that bad otherwise Arsenal wouldn't have signed him.

 

Or was that Marwood?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Name the players.....

 

Screenshot_20190515-232613_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20190515-232741_Google.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2019 at 16:35, Pulsar said:

30 yarder into the top corner at Filbert Street.

Think we won 3-0

 

On 14/05/2019 at 16:40, punkskaphil said:

 

Wasn't it at Carrow Road?

 

That's how good it was, top corner from 110 miles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...