Video (live streamed)- Westwood contract Wednesday Talk

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

Many houses around Hillsborough have attics like that, same up city road too probably many more.

That particularly looks like the ones near me though, I live up Oakland off Holme lane

Not aloud to class it as an attic bedroom due to it not having a door or something like that to be fair what we got told when we moved in. To be fair normally got the green screen up not work out how to do it live stream yet 

7 hours ago, punkyhorrors said:

Not aloud to class it as an attic bedroom due to it not having a door or something like that to be fair what we got told when we moved in

It’s to do with fire safety regulations, which get stricter the higher up in a building you go. To qualify as a bedroom, an attic space needs an escape route all the way to the front door that includes fire doors, a fixed and permanent staircase (not slatted or spiral, and definitely not a ladder), and 2m headroom clearance along the length of the route. So yeah, given that yours looks fairly well set up in most other respects, it’s probably the fire door issue preventing it qualifying as a bedroom (assuming the staircase is solid enough to pass muster).

It also needs full headroom clearance along the complete length of one side of a bed, which can be tricky if your staircase emerges in the middle of the room, although again yours looks ok in that regard Punky!

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

It’s to do with fire safety regulations, which get stricter the higher up in a building you go. To qualify as a bedroom, an attic space needs an escape route all the way to the front door that includes fire doors, a fixed and permanent staircase (not slatted or spiral, and definitely not a ladder), and 2m headroom clearance along the length of the route. So yeah, given that yours looks fairly well set up in most other respects, it’s probably the fire door issue preventing it qualifying as a bedroom (assuming the staircase is solid enough to pass muster).

It also needs full headroom clearance along the complete length of one side of a bed, which can be tricky if your staircase emerges in the middle of the room, although again yours looks ok in that regard Punky!

Rubbish, has it got a bed in it?  Is it a room? Put the two together and it becomes a  bedroom.

Health and Safety gone mad :biggrin:

• Haha 2

On 15/05/2019 at 12:49, Not Jon Newsome said:

Can I just ask, why do you make these videos? 

Because I like making them and they help a little bit with my illness and keeping doing things so I dont have too many fits. 

• Like 2