1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Aye, so they appear to want the ever so sexy Graham Potter.........wtf is that all about. 

Yes agree that is a strange choice. Probably not a terrible manager but nothing that makes you think he would be head hunted by a Premier League club.
Is it all to do with he fits into they 'philosophy' of a head coach similar to Eddie Howe at Bournemouth.

On 13/05/2019 at 20:12, pazowl55 said:

Potter's the favourite isn't he.

If they really wanted Bruce I dont think the fact we have got him would stop them trying.

And if they did Houghton would be pretty much ideal for us wouldn't he!?

He'll get the first big Championship job to become available next season and probably take whoever that is up.  West Brom? 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes agree that is a strange choice. Probably not a terrible manager but nothing that makes you think he would be head hunted by a Premier League club.
Is it all to do with he fits into they 'philosophy' of a head coach similar to Eddie Howe at Bournemouth.

No he's not a terrible manager,not by any stretch,but if your a premier league club and you'd just fired a guy who got you up there,kept you there for two seasons,then decide to make a change for the "next step", a guy who finished tenth in the division below wouldn't fill me with excitement.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

He's done a good job at Swansea considering the situation there with them massively cutting their cloth, they aren't your standard team coming down from the Premier League with big players wanting to bounce back. 

3 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

And if they did Houghton would be pretty much ideal for us wouldn't he!?

He'll get the first big Championship job to become available next season and probably take whoever that is up. West Brom?

LEEDS? :tango:

Posted (edited)

I hate Brighton and it has nothing to do with living in Pompey. I have disliked them ever since they became a bit successful and all these plastic fans turned up to their plastic stadium to watch their plastic team that they didn't give a flying fizz about at the Withdean and who could not find the site of the Goldstone Ground even if they had heard of it. Plastic posh chinless flaps the lot of them.

There one saving grace was Chris Hughton. Now they think they're too good for him. Deluded morons. Can't wait to see them go down which lets remember is what happened to Newcastle. 

*I appreciate that me having a pop at someone for being posh is a little bit ridiculous but posh football fans really annoy me, as does hypocricy, so I am stuck in a flipping paradox

Edited by George

Seems a bit harsh blaming Brighton's fans. At the time of its closure the Goldstone only held about 11k and they were the second-worst team in the Football League. Were you expecting 30k to turn up every week and try to force themselves in? The Withdean held less than 7k - I'm not sure that was the fans' fault either. They'd also had a couple of seasons having to travel 70-odd miles to Gillingham. Attendances do tend to increase at most clubs when they get increased capacity and decent league status.

22 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

LEEDS? :tango:

I said "big" championship job.

• Haha 1

On 16/05/2019 at 12:22, matthefish2002 said:

I would say Big Dingle Mick and Steve Bruce are about on the same level.
Would say both have good records without ever being outstanding.

I fancied big mick, as he was the guy I figured might be able to build without stacks of money, and after carlos the budget was going to be tight. I figure only colin has a better track record than anyone else, is there anyone other that him?

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I fancied big mick, as he was the guy I figured might be able to build without stacks of money, and after carlos the budget was going to be tight. I figure only colin has a better track record than anyone else, is there anyone other that him?

Sean Dyche, Chris Wilder, 

Just now, flo said:

Sean Dyche, Chris Wilder, 

I would imagine that dyche is set in cement at burnley, and if he isn't then they'll be back soon too.

as for wilder, I don't see him jacking it in to cross the city.

colin 'may have' been the one to tempt with the 'type of record' you'd be looking for.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

I would imagine that dyche is set in cement at burnley, and if he isn't then they'll be back soon too.

as for wilder, I don't see him jacking it in to cross the city.

colin 'may have' been the one to tempt with the 'type of record' you'd be looking for.

Oh I just thought you meant managers who had done well on little money, not ones that were actually available. 

The fact that they think Potter is a better manager than Hughton is stupid, Btighton to go down next season!

• Agree 1

Just now, flo said:

Oh I just thought you meant managers who had done well on little money, not ones that were actually available. 

well i'd like us to have a bit of 'realism' about it, so yes, those we could 'realistically' approach.

wilder has done an outstanding job, dyche also, in fact perhaps even better than wilder.

the other bit of 'realism' i'd added was we haven't the cash flow available we had 4 years ago.

On 17/05/2019 at 13:57, George said:

I hate Brighton and it has nothing to do with living in Pompey. I have disliked them ever since they became a bit successful and all these plastic fans turned up to their plastic stadium to watch their plastic team that they didn't give a flying fizz about at the Withdean and who could not find the site of the Goldstone Ground even if they had heard of it. Plastic posh chinless flaps the lot of them.

There one saving grace was Chris Hughton. Now they think they're too good for him. Deluded morons. Can't wait to see them go down which lets remember is what happened to Newcastle. 

*I appreciate that me having a pop at someone for being posh is a little bit ridiculous but posh football fans really annoy me, as does hypocricy, so I am stuck in a flipping paradox

Chris Hughton is a really classy operator, a proper gentleman and I would love to have him at Wednesday, in fact he could take us up and pass Brighton and Newcastle coming the other way.

Mods please change thread title to 'he's poo anyway'

• Disagree 1
  • Haha 3

• Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, southportdc said:

'...and his books are śhite!'