47 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'm bookmarking this thread, for when all you fickle fookers inevitably start calling for his head in October. 

Sod that. Bruce out!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Might be the case if this so called got more money than God wins his battle for pigs :biggrin:

What would God need money for?

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

What would God need money for?

To shut pigs down and build a Tesco on land. Unless an act of God does it for free 

14 hours ago, twolaptops said:

Awaits Carlos muttering something about Seagulls & always the club he wanted to manage

I know you are joking, but that is the true level of the man. Total snake.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, twolaptops said:

Awaits Carlos muttering something about Seagulls & always the club he wanted to manage

I supported Brighton since that special night at Hillsburg 

14 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Potter's the favourite isn't he.

If they really wanted Bruce I dont think the fact we have got him would stop them trying.

Its almost as if they are begging for relegation.

14 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Potter's the favourite isn't he.

If they really wanted Bruce I dont think the fact we have got him would stop them trying.

Harry or Darren? :blink:

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Boyhood fan 

Carlos was a boyhood fan of all 72 EFL Clubs tbh.:Sid:

18 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Its almost as if they are begging for relegation.

Every low end/middle of the road premier league club does it.

Decides they should be better than they are and just staying in the division is not good enough, ignoring the fact they pay low end wages and transfer fees.

They look at the likes of pochettino and say well he ain't spent a penny for 18 months and he is in a champions league final.

What they forget is that they already have there own version of pochettino and keeping teams like that up season after season is like getting to a final for them.

Burley are a perfect example of this. 

The whole reason they stay up year in year out is one thing.  Sean Dyche.

Difference is Burnley are smart enough to realise this and that's why they never sacked him earlier on in the season when things went wrong or why they dont turn round say he should have them higher up the table.

Brighton are only going one way now as players have brought into Hughton's way of playing for 4 odd years and you cant get players to change that quickly when you are playing such good opposition week in week out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Don't want to comment on Brighton's dealings since I haven't watched them this season, BUT, and it is a BIG BUT, I honestly think we as supporters need to take a good look at ourselves. We have got  Steve Bruce in replacement for both Carlos and Jos, thankfully. However, , whilst a great improvement on both, I think we are going overboard with the idea that Bruce is the be all and end all. His record may be excellent, but it is far from the best. We have all wished for a top English manager, but , in the cold light of day, Of the top six of the Premiership clubs, Man.City, Liverpool,Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd , Arsenal , are all managed by foreigners 

Bruce, and I for one , appreciate him, is not the Lord God Almighty most of our supporters think.          

• Agree 5
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Don't want to comment on Brighton's dealings since I haven't watched them this season, BUT, and it is a BIG BUT, I honestly think we as supporters need to take a good look at ourselves. We have got  Steve Bruce in replacement for both Carlos and Jos, thankfully. However, , whilst a great improvement on both, I think we are going overboard with the idea that Bruce is the be all and end all. His record may be excellent, but it is far from the best. We have all wished for a top English manager, but , in the cold light of day, Of the top six of the Premiership clubs, Man.City, Liverpool,Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd , Arsenal , are all managed by foreigners 

Bruce, and I for one , appreciate him, is not the Lord God Almighty most of our supporters think.          

Maybe SB isn't the 'Be all and end all', and his record may not be the best, but I believe he is the best manager a team in our position could ever hope to attract.

As for the managers of the top 6 Premier league teams, who all have access to mega million transfer budgets, do you think any of them would be so successful were they were managing a mid table championship team with P&S issues?:rolleyes:

Edited by oldtawnyowl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Hughton to Albion means trouble next season.

On 14/05/2019 at 11:19, pazowl55 said:

Every low end/middle of the road premier league club does it.

Decides they should be better than they are and just staying in the division is not good enough, ignoring the fact they pay low end wages and transfer fees.

They look at the likes of pochettino and say well he ain't spent a penny for 18 months and he is in a champions league final.

What they forget is that they already have there own version of pochettino and keeping teams like that up season after season is like getting to a final for them.

Burley are a perfect example of this. 

The whole reason they stay up year in year out is one thing.  Sean Dyche.

Difference is Burnley are smart enough to realise this and that's why they never sacked him earlier on in the season when things went wrong or why they dont turn round say he should have them higher up the table.

Brighton are only going one way now as players have brought into Hughton's way of playing for 4 odd years and you cant get players to change that quickly when you are playing such good opposition week in week out.

Spot on. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/05/2019 at 07:11, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'm bookmarking this thread, for when all you fickle fookers inevitably start calling for his head in October. 

Sadly there will be some especially if we don't get off to a good start, having said that there were more than enough who didn't want him in the first place.

What is fair to say is the fan base appears to be untied as indicated by the lack of bickering on here, there is a feel good factor about the place and loads of reasons to be optimistic about the future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 13/05/2019 at 20:08, Hitcat said:

I work in Suffolk and mostly with Ipswich fans and that definitely isn't the case 

no they'd got the 'we're better than that syndrome'.

stoke had it under pulis, they too got shut and found another division to play in.

• Agree 2

Nothings impossible in football but I cant see Bruce being high on Brightons list.

Bruce is a bread and butter British manager where clubs like Brighton want someone a bit more sexy and glamorous to take then to 'The Next Level' what ever that means.

Bruce is a good Championship manager and ideal for Wednesday but think Brighton would think he is about the same level as bloke they have just sacked.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Nothings impossible in football but I cant see Bruce being high on Brightons list.

Bruce is a bread and butter British manager where clubs like Brighton want someone a bit more sexy and glamorous to take then to 'The Next Level' what ever that means.

Bruce is a good Championship manager and ideal for Wednesday but think Brighton would think he is about the same level as bloke they have just sacked.

yes, it's the 'sexy' bit that costs, it's expensive to buy, anyone of any ability is hunted by the bigger fish at each transfer window, and there's less of the roll up your sleeves type when the **** hits the fan.

next the thing falls apart and you're relegated with fantastic wages to pay, and all the 'prima donnas' who've been kissing the badge, **** off. 

big ideas.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2019 at 20:22, Hitcat said:

It's alright, we could have then gone for your first choice of Mick McCarthy. 

My first choice was Mick.

However that was it because I thought he would be the best we could attract, I thought the likes of Steve Bruce were too far out of our budget/reach.

53 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

My first choice was Mick.

However that was it because I thought he would be the best we could attract, I thought the likes of Steve Bruce were too far out of our budget/reach.

I would say Big Dingle Mick and Steve Bruce are about on the same level.
Would say both have good records without ever being outstanding.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Aye, so they appear to want the ever so sexy Graham Potter.........wtf is that all about.