The Great Mick Lyons

Guest Kameron
55 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

They don’t make players like that anymore ... proper leader of men 

To be fair Reach gives him a run for his money, especially when going in for the tackle.

Makes me laugh when people call Hutchinson a 'Warrior', he is complete pussycat compared to players from 30 years ago with players like Mick Lyons.
None of this faking injury trying to get a player booked or sent off b******s either!

Edited by matthefish2002
  • Like 1

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Makes me laugh when people call Hutchinson a 'Warrior', he is complete pussycat compared to players from 30 years ago with players like Mick Lyons.
None of this faking injury trying to get a player booked or sent off b******s either!

Yep, harder than Jimmy Saville when in the mortuary at Stoke Mandeville hospital.

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I get what you’re saying but Mick Lyons was a player of the time and Hutchinson is a warrior of the present age.

it not a fair comparison. 

7 minutes ago, M Royds said:

I get what you’re saying but Mick Lyons was a player of the time and Hutchinson is a warrior of the present age.

it not a fair comparison. 

Yes Hutchinson the first warrior in football history to spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

Hutchinson is a decent Championship player when fit to be fair but do think football a lot duller when he is considered a hard player.
Really, really miss the blood and thunder games we used to get that are now sadly no more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes Hutchinson the first warrior in football history to spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

Hutchinson is a decent Championship player when fit to be fair but do think football a lot duller when he is considered a hard player.
Really, really miss the blood and thunder games we used to get that are now sadly no more.

Can’t really argue with that. We do play in different times though, for the better, who knows?

The games is faster, now. 

Further to my original post that may be the only favour we’ve had from Everton! Think of Catterick, 1966, Peter Reid(a done deal from what I read - he was supposed to have dodgy knees after all!) until Kendall stepped in. Plus several other disappointments too numerous to mention.