Supporting teams other then Wednesday!

I don’t support anyone else but Wednesday too and don’t think you can have two clubs in the same country unless leagues apart (Hereford and SWFC for example) or due to where you live. 

That said I too have a soft spot for Manchester City, my mum liked them as kid because of Franny Lee and I have a mate that’s a city fan too. Add to that they have been as bad if not worse than us at some points, they play in blue and they play some delightful football which is great to watch I don’t mind wanting them to do well especially when them doing well means Liverpool don’t! 

I think you always have your team, often it’s possible to have an affinity with your hometown club. As I’ve mentioned, I’ll watch Malaga when I’m in Spain, and have been to quite a few Oxford games. Also used to watch Spartak while I was living in Moscow. However, having been to over 100 grounds with Wednesday, there’s no comparison really

im originally from bristol as a kid dad took me to city a few times he liked liverpool tho & mum liked leeds :blink:

area i grew up in -barton hill was mostly city even tho rovers were nearer , i left school and city were in 4th div and workmates went city ,i went as it was social thing .

i saw Weds on tv v Fulham 4/1/85 and thought wow , as i worked on railway i would plan a free trip up to hillsborough 2 march 85 1-0 win over coventry 

i walked into hillsboro and was hooked , ive moved around a bit lake district / crewe / north wales since then . and watch a local team if cant go see owls .

so like / dislike the following

bristol rovers

queen of the south 

port vale

Blaenau Ffestiniog Amateurs

dislike

bristol city

leeds

sheff utd

carlisle utd

stoke city

man u 

arsenal

I've always had a soft spot for Spurs as Jimmy Greaves was my first football hero at the age of 7/8 when he was scoring for England against the Rest of the World team and Brazil. And the unforgettable 9-3 thrashing of Scotland. What time is it? Nine past Haffey lol 

I know exactly what you mean. It's a sign of how long we've been away from the big league really. If we were still in Prem I doubt it'd be that way. A lot of people have a Prem club they like if they support a team in a lower league. 

Over the last few years I've gone to watch City in the Champions League a few times so I have a soft spot for them, its nothing like Wednesday though, how they get on doesn't affect me in the slightest, no vested emotion.

Watching City in the Champions League is like watching a different sport in comparison to the Championship anyway to be honest

10 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

I know exactly what you mean. It's a sign of how long we've been away from the big league really. If we were still in Prem I doubt it'd be that way. A lot of people have a Prem club they like if they support a team in a lower league. 

Over the last few years I've gone to watch City in the Champions League a few times so I have a soft spot for them, its nothing like Wednesday though, how they get on doesn't affect me in the slightest, no vested emotion.

Watching City in the Champions League is like watching a different sport in comparison to the Championship anyway to be honest

Yes, I like watching football, and who wouldn’t like watching City at the moment. Also, I could watch Messi, all day long, none of us will ever see a talent like that again. Also like the buzz of being at a match, particularly away games with Wednesday. It’s not often we get that sort of atmosphere at Hillsborough, so for atmosphere alone, I probably enjoyed home games at Malaga more. 

For me now, a trip to Hillsborough is more about the whole weekend, as I tend to stay over and catch up with old friends.

Edited by gurujuan