Supporting teams other then Wednesday!

I always want the English clubs to do well in the CL. As far as domestic competition, aside from Wednesday, can’t say I’m bothered who wins what as long as the footballs good. Like LFC but can’t stand Liverpudlians generally & always had a soft spot for Man Utd cos of the talent they brought through. I think my main issue may be more with some of the fans of these clubs rather than the teams themselves tbh.

Other than the Pigs I like to see all the local sides do well, I become less fond when they become direct competitors with us though!

Have a soft spot for Wycombe, Leyton Orient and Burton for various reasons. Don't think I could ever be fond of a bigger club than us, it wouldn't feel right.

That YouGov survey that showed Barcelona to be the most popular club in the UK appalled me. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

You can't support two teams, if you do you aren't a true football fan. You can have teams you want to see do well, like I'll always look out for Rangers results.

Absolute nonsense! I live in Kagoshima, Japan and have done for 18 years. While Wednesday are my only true love ( in the footballing sense of course) I am also a Kagoshima United supporter. I was over the moon when we got promoted last season.  Wednesday are more important but I most definitely support two teams!

When I’m in Spain, I’ll go and watch Malaga Do I support them? Well I attend matches, but there isn’t the emotional pull, that comes with supporting Wednesday It doesn’t ruin my weekend if Malaga lose

Only support Wednesday. 

Don't mind seeing my Uni mates teams doing well - Norwich, Cov, Man City (my mate was a season ticket holder long before the billions rolled in) and Leicester (once again, a fan long before they won the title). Think the thing is these were all proper fans, who actually attended games and have done so for years. 

All the Man U, Liverpool fans etc., I know are the absolute definition of plastic fans. Can't take them seriously. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Absolute nonsense! I live in Kagoshima, Japan and have done for 18 years. While Wednesday are my only true love ( in the footballing sense of course) I am also a Kagoshima United supporter. I was over the moon when we got promoted last season.  Wednesday are more important but I most definitely support two teams!

Bit different to supporting two English clubs though.

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

You can't support two teams, if you do you aren't a true football fan. You can have teams you want to see do well, like I'll always look out for Rangers results.

What a load of sanctimonious b0llocks.

I support SWFC and HAFC and somehow Im not a true football fan?

I hate two clubs with a passion, the pigs obviously as our city rivals and Leeds for a whole host of reasons but mainly because they are Leeds. Everyone else I’m indifferent about and only want certain results if it affects us. I don’t mind city at all because despite the billions their fans where tremendously loyal through the bad times and sharing a city with the countrys biggest club and despite the success they don’t seem to have attracted the plastic fans as of yet, but then again I don’t mind Liverpool they are fantastic to watch 

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

LIES!

lol

I enjoy watching City dismantle the likes of Brighton, Burnley, Cardiff et al who are basically no mark football league teams in the prem who aim no higher than 17th and only spend when they get relegated the shithouses exploiting a financial loophole keeping us stuck in the flipping championship forever while they stink up the fixture list with their turgid poo .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Other than the Pigs I like to see all the local sides do well, I become less fond when they become direct competitors with us though!

Have a soft spot for Wycombe, Leyton Orient and Burton for various reasons. Don't think I could ever be fond of a bigger club than us, it wouldn't feel right.

That YouGov survey that showed Barcelona to be the most popular club in the UK appalled me. 

Always had a soft spot for Wycombe since that final game of season against them. Think mainly from talking to their fans thought they were class the ones I came across. Tend to look out for their results.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

I always want the English clubs to do well in the CL. 

I've never understood this sentiment.  The top6 have done all they can to hoard and accumulate wealth at the pointed expense of everyone else in the FL.  They are worse enemies to us than any CL squad from Spain, Italy, et al

I often go and watch Canterbury United but as some have already said, I don't have that emotional attachment that I do with Wednesday.

It doesn't bother me that much if they lose, although I do enjoy a win now and again when they beat Wellington Pheonix reserves or Auckland City. Doesn't usually happen v Auckland as they're by far the best team in the country. Only lost one game in the league this season (although didn't win the championship play offs)

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Bit different to supporting two English clubs though.

On that we are totally agreed!!