Mikel is also been courted by Sheffield Wednesday who finished 12th this season in the Championship according to a report on Northern Echo.

The 31-year-old made 18 appearances for Middlesbrough scoring just once.

On the international scene, it is yet to be seen if Mikel would represent Nigeria at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

4 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Mikel is also been courted by Sheffield Wednesday who finished 12th this season in the Championship according to a report on Northern Echo.

On the international scene, it is yet to be seen if Mikel would represent Nigeria at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

That made me laugh, great journalism.

1 goal in 18 is quite good for a defensive midfielder, especially one who previously scored once in 250 games at Chelsea 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Please tell that has not been written by a journalist.  Been ffs....  The World is going to hell in a handcart. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Over 30

On a big wage

Only managed a third of the games last season.

Sounds perfect for us! :ghoulguy:

Think he joined half way through to be fair. My Boro supporting mate says he's been a class above for them. He has top level quality but seems exactly the opposite of our rebuilding process doesn't it. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think he joined half way through to be fair. My Boro supporting mate says he's been a class above for them. He has top level quality but seems exactly the opposite of our rebuilding process doesn't it. 

Fair point, should have done my research. Played in China before he joined Boro, bet he was on a proper packet.

Sure Gibson would be impressed if we signed him, would be like a dog on heat trying to get hold of our accounts again.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Markowski77 said:

He would be a class above - 31 yes, but you do need experience in a team - if he was on the right package absolute no brainier 

He won everything at Chelsea. Had the career that perhaps injury denied Hutchinson. By Bruce's own admission, we need fresh younger legs, not a 32yr old. His quality is not in question.