Westwood update

Just now, wisewoodowl said:

Carbone was once the Mystery Guest, filmed at Rivelin Fire Station

I saw him on footie focus prior to an FA cup game against Chelsea, all they seemed interested in was him driving a fast car.

And some people called him a Fancy Dan. 

:tango:

• Haha 1

On 12/05/2019 at 22:44, torryowl said:

if bruce  only wants to offer him a one year deal but westwood will  only sign a 2 year deal then i'd be backing bruce on this one ……..the manager as to do what he thinks is best for the club westwood understandably will do whats best for him …... the club as to come first before any player no matter how popular they are .

Surely a one year option on top. Surely.

On 12/05/2019 at 11:07, S36 OWL said:

I think we have to weigh up how much it would cost to sign another keeper of the same quality as Westwood . Personally i think giving Westwood a two year deal would be more cost  effective .

Remember we got Westwood on a free, so it is in theory possible to get a replacement of a similar standard on the cheap, but the stars need to align, so there's one available at the moment we could get. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

On 12/05/2019 at 11:12, bladeshater said:

12 month contract review it in January can't see a problem let him do what's right for him

Knowing our luck he'd play 90% of games up to January, sign a year's extension then be out for the rest of the season and then start of the next lol

No doubt Bruce will have been weighing up the pro's con's and variables and decided on only a year. 

We have 2 young keepers if we'd sent them out on loan to get proper experience wouldn't be far off ready now. 

What if Westwood gets injured and either Joe or cam come back in and under Bruce's staff really start to push on past him?? 

We get stuck with a 35/36 year old keeper on a big wage twiddling his thumbs again and taking up precious FFP wages we could use elsewhere. 

It may happen, it may not, it's hyperthetical. 

18 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

No doubt Bruce will have been weighing up the pro's con's and variables and decided on only a year. 

We have 2 young keepers if we'd sent them out on loan to get proper experience wouldn't be far off ready now. 

What if Westwood gets injured and either Joe or cam come back in and under Bruce's staff really start to push on past him?? 

We get stuck with a 35/36 year old keeper on a big wage twiddling his thumbs again and taking up precious FFP wages we could use elsewhere. 

It may happen, it may not, it's hyperthetical. 

Could say that about any player we sign tbh

19 hours ago, Northampton Owl said:

I've been waiting for Terry Henfleet to reappear lol

I think Steve Bruce will be casting his net a little further afield than Stoke City reserves.

What about Partizan Belgrade striker Drago Bozo? Would he fit the bill?