Westwood update

52 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Not worth a 2 year deal. Depending on the wages it could be nearly £2m.

Too many niggles and expect we could get in a decent young Prem keeper on loan for far less.

And then some, not including employers contributions etc, £20k pw is over £1m per year and I suspect he is on  fair bit more than that. 

It's a tough decision, showed his worth since Christmas, but then showed he is prone to missing matches at the end of the season. 

Reading comments it appears Westwood has gone from being one of the best keepers in the championship to easily replaced , by who exactly who could we get who is on his level ? .  If the issue is an extra season surely we need to keep him give him 2 years . If we go up next season won’t be such an issue anyway . 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Reading comments it appears Westwood has gone from being one of the best keepers in the championship to easily replaced , by who exactly who could we get who is on his level ? .  If the issue is an extra season surely we need to keep him give him 2 years . If we go up next season won’t be such an issue anyway . 

Exactly this. 

5 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Not worth a 2 year deal. Depending on the wages it could be nearly £2m.

Too many niggles and expect we could get in a decent young Prem keeper on loan for far less.

So for £2m including wages who do you replacing him with of equal quality a keeper who keeps a clean sheet 1 in every 3 games and gives you an extra 15 points a season.

I am going to hazard a guess there is not one under £10m. 

• Like 1

Back in the days before internet hysteria it was aways a "thing" that first contract offers were turned down, unfortunately this now give fuel to desperate click bait merchants like Nixon, Westwood will be between the sticks for SWFC when the 2019/20 season starts.

• Thanks 1

if bruce  only wants to offer him a one year deal but westwood will  only sign a 2 year deal then i'd be backing bruce on this one ……..the manager as to do what he thinks is best for the club westwood understandably will do whats best for him …... the club as to come first before any player no matter how popular they are .

9 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Wednesday have done right to offer a one year deal! He will sign a two year deal. If we had gone in with a two year offer he would of wanted a three year deal and do on...

Let's not forget its the agents that negotiate and they will fight for the most lucrative deal for the player abd most importantly themselves. 

He will 100% be here next year!  He would have just turned it down point blank if he didn't want to be here

All three westy, Palmer and Lee will sign. 

That's reassuring. Negotiate by moving to two maybe with conditions. He needs to stay. Westwood  this year reminded me of Banks' comment quoted after he died, that a good keeper helps keep down the number of shots he has to save. Westwood a prime example of this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, victorturner said:

That's reassuring. Negotiate by moving to two maybe with conditions. He needs to stay. Westwood  this year reminded me of Banks' comment quoted after he died, that a good keeper helps keep down the number of shots he has to save. Westwood a prime example of this.

Couldnt agree more.

Westwood’s timing, positioning and his command of his defence are a different level entirely.

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Deserves 2 years.

Going down the disastrous route we're trying to get out from, 1yr at a time with his injury record is sensible unless he'll be happy on a low basic with the rest made up on appearances, their will be good alternatives out there as the Pigs have found for the last two seasons. 

I was one of those whom applauded the benching of Westwood, and the appearance of Dawson, and ate that applause, the minute, and I do mean MINUTE that Westwood returned, under Bruce, because it was an instant clean-sheet, and this became a habit of his.  

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Back in the days before internet hysteria it was aways a "thing" that first contract offers were turned down, unfortunately this now give fuel to desperate click bait merchants like Nixon, Westwood will be between the sticks for SWFC when the 2019/20 season starts.

Right on!!!  It's just "business", nothing new at all, Westwood will be wearing SWFC insignia, in 2019-20.

Be interesting to hear what the physios think of offering KW a long term deal....

Anyway, I think he’s a keeper on the way down. Another one for me where we quit whilst we are level\ahead. We need young, ambitious footballers. A total change in strategy. 

Deal agreed with Wednesday in principal. Contract not signed yet.

Offers on table from Cardiff and Leeds, 1 year contracts, not financially better than Wednesdays offer. 

In Jan, Tottenham offered him a contract to be their 2/3 choice keeper, wants to play games at this stage of his career hence he rejected it.

Has no interest in signing for Huddersfield.

Straight from horses mouth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Be interesting to hear what the physios think of offering KW a long term deal....

Anyway, I think he’s a keeper on the way down. Another one for me where we quit whilst we are level\ahead. We need young, ambitious footballers. A total change in strategy. 

Doesn’t always work out though does it , Jos tried it and he nearly  took us down , experience counts as well .Westwood on his way down , I haven’t noticed this , I am assuming you are referring to his age ? 

1 minute ago, Jaydubz said:

Deal agreed with Wednesday in principal. Contract not signed yet.

Offers on table from Cardiff and Leeds, 1 year contracts, not financially better than Wednesdays offer. 

In Jan, Tottenham offered him a contract to be their 2/3 choice keeper, wants to play games at this stage of his career hence he rejected it.

Has no interest in signing for Huddersfield.

Straight from horses mouth.

Hope you are right .So it’s a one year deal then ?