Westwood update

On 31/05/2019 at 15:05, dan1980 said:

Name a 34 year old keeper who got a 3 year contract

I don't know mate. The point is, goalies play to a high level into their late 30's, unlike outfield players. Therefore, giving him a 3 year deal isn't that big of a deal and is certainly worth gambling on if we can't find a replacement as good as him, especially as there is no fee involved. Westwood is exceptional at this level and it doesn't look to me like age is catching up with him as of yet so go for it I say. 

Edited by archieswfc

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

In much the same way, I'm interested in an orgy with Rihanna, Margot Robbie, and Jennifer Lawrence.

I'd be interested in that if I knew who Margot Robbie was.

• Haha 1

On 12/05/2019 at 11:00, WalthamOwl said:

Deserves a 2 year deal. Be a disgrace if we lose him because we mess about and only offer him a 1 year deal. 

He's always injured...get him playing win 10 games then he gets injured and we are relying on second string...let him go

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If you're happy with the other two, surely you'd take the chance?

:duntmatter:

That would depend if he trusts that the poster had got Margot Robbie’s name the right way around??:duntmatter:

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I don't know mate. The point is, goalies play to a high level into their late 30's, unlike outfield players. Therefore, giving him a 3 year deal isn't that big of a deal and is certainly worth gambling on if we can't find a replacement as good as him, especially as there is no fee involved. Westwood is exceptional at this level and it doesn't look to me like age is catching up with him as of yet so go for it I say. 

He cried off too much.

So Westwood...

We've activated the option for another year. And offered a deal over two years.

Barnsley, with the mega rich new owners come sniffing around. (I'm not convinced the rumours are accurate, but let's run with it).

Do we sell?

Sell now whilst is value is [relatively] high, or keep him and see him depart next season for nowt? Or worse still, he gets a two year deal and spends most of the time injured?

Personally, I'd keep him, and get Wildsmith out on loan, unless someone offers an outrageous amount. But reading the mega thread, I'm thinking maybe we should sell: we never sell when the player has value. Always hang on too long.

FF should have gone after the Norwich no show. He's been so-so at best since.

Jones should have been sold (given?) to Bolton last summer.

Who were Wolves after? Joao? Whoever, we should have sold.

Or is it that we should only sell when we have the benefit of hindsight and can see that keeping a certain player is a mistake? 

If you're arguing for a "better" transfer policy that generates income/profit by selling players whilst they still have a value, then by definition, that relates to our saleable assets and Westwood should be top of the list to depart, if Barnsley are serious.

So if he does go, the majority on here will be congratulating the club on good business, won't they?

13 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

So Westwood...

We've activated the option for another year. And offered a deal over two years.

Barnsley, with the mega rich new owners come sniffing around. (I'm not convinced the rumours are accurate, but let's run with it).

Do we sell?

Sell now whilst is value is [relatively] high, or keep him and see him depart next season for nowt? Or worse still, he gets a two year deal and spends most of the time injured?

Personally, I'd keep him, and get Wildsmith out on loan, unless someone offers an outrageous amount. But reading the mega thread, I'm thinking maybe we should sell: we never sell when the player has value. Always hang on too long.

FF should have gone after the Norwich no show. He's been so-so at best since.

Jones should have been sold (given?) to Bolton last summer.

Who were Wolves after? Joao? Whoever, we should have sold.

Or is it that we should only sell when we have the benefit of hindsight and can see that keeping a certain player is a mistake? 

If you're arguing for a "better" transfer policy that generates income/profit by selling players whilst they still have a value, then by definition, that relates to our saleable assets and Westwood should be top of the list to depart, if Barnsley are serious.

So if he does go, the majority on here will be congratulating the club on good business, won't they?

That would very much depend on what we sold him for.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, kazads said:

He's always injured...get him playing win 10 games then he gets injured and we are relying on second string...let him go

And be left with Dawson and Wildsmith? Have you been smoking crack?

While i know many dont rate Nixons info. His latest tweet suggests very good news on Westwood and Palmer resigning. Also indicated Lee has accepted short term deal to prove fitness. Hopefully his sauce is right. 

28 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

While i know many dont rate Nixons info. His latest tweet suggests very good news on Westwood and Palmer resigning. Also indicated Lee has accepted short term deal to prove fitness. Hopefully his sauce is right. 

Very encouraging news