He will be staying. He wants to and we want him to, just meeting in the middle. I presume the club will offer 2 years on a lesser salary but longer term security for him.

Presumably another contract offer will be made mid-season if KW continues to perform over the next half season as he has done over the last half. Really pleased to know we've got him for another year at least.  

It'll be a one year extension on his current wages. As a few have already suggested, we were probably hoping to tie him to a longer deal on slightly reduced wages.

27 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Hold on. So we have a 1 year option on his contract which we can trigger.???

What's with all the panicking then.

:Sid:

Negotiation positioning by KW's agent. 

17 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Negotiation positioning by KW's agent. 

That one year extension option means we hold all the cards now though.

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not necessarily. There maybe caveats involved.

26 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Not necessarily. There maybe caveats involved.

Bottom line is we definitely have a top goal keeper for the next 12 months.

Seem like a win to me.

20 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Bottom line is we definitely have a top goal keeper for the next 12 months.

Seem like a win to me.

It may be an option to extend for a year - granted. But it could easily have something like a % pay increase wrapped into it. Agents of today try to look out for their clients. Something not straight forward if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

It may be an option to extend for a year - granted. But it could easily have something like a % pay increase wrapped into it. Agents of today try to look out for their clients. Something not straight forward if you ask me.

I think we were trying to be cheeky and ask Westwood to take a pay cut of sorts. Then realised he wouldn't and have just tied him down on the same terms before huddersfield could get in there.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think we were trying to be cheeky and ask Westwood to take a pay cut of sorts. Then realised he wouldn't and have just tied him down on the same terms before huddersfield could get in there.

Or, if they still want him.  It's going to cost them.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Not necessarily. Purely hypothetical but would you want a player who's pissed off that he could get a better deal elsewhere in the dressing room? Signing a contract with a one year extension deal eons ago doesn't necessarily mean the context doesn't change as time goes on. 

11 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Not necessarily. Purely hypothetical but would you want a player who's pissed off that he could get a better deal elsewhere in the dressing room? Signing a contract with a one year extension deal eons ago doesn't necessarily mean the context doesn't change as time goes on. 

End of the day we were always going to take the option of the 1 year extension. He would have know that would have been the case as soon as he became our number 1 again and we decided we wanted to keep him. He will be more than happy with it.

33 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

We've offered 2 yrs says the new Fred.  

Hence the link I posted above

5 hours ago, Anthndav said:

I’d be mightily p155ed off if I was held to a contract where I was set to earn between £1M to £2M over the next year. 

I’d be fvvcking fuming. 

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Anthndav said:

Was good enough for him when he signed it. 

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

Was good enough for him when he signed it. 

People change, and under Jos he was practically frozen out. 

Surely that must have had some lasting effect on him