Refusing new contracts/Transfer Requests

#OnThisDay 50 years ago - sounds familar? :-). The Wednesday Way.

Jim McCalliog "The club keeps talking about success but it never seems to come.  We are just not getting anywhere and I want to be in a side that is going to win something.  I feel like I am playing in a vaccuum".

But for a few seasons in the early 1990s we've had half a century of this  but still #WAWAW

1969.jpeg.d8f21292a0c3c8ccd4e33c2417e10ebc.jpeg

"

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

I'll drive him there myself.

Hang on, did he go to Southampton? I'll drive him to the station then. 

He went to Wolves and Man Utd before making his way to Southampton.

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:12, Cypriot Owl said:

And now he runs a B&B.....

There's success for you

You've got to remember those guys weren't on the megabucks that todays players earn, dude. They couldn't play for a couple of years then retire set up for life on what they earned. Quite a lot of players back then would end up in menial jobs after they retired from football and a few of them would even end up signing on the dole.

I have much more respect for the players of that era than I do for today's players. They were much more a part of the community and so, so many of them were loyal to the club they played for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

They couldn't play for a couple of years then retire set up for life on what they earned

Neither can some of todays millionaire players. Lots of them spend their fortunes on, bookies, booze, fast women, and lavish holidays, then squander the rest.

• Haha 3

On 12/05/2019 at 09:40, dunsbyowl said:

#OnThisDay 50 years ago - sounds familar? :-). The Wednesday Way.

Jim McCalliog "The club keeps talking about success but it never seems to come.  We are just not getting anywhere and I want to be in a side that is going to win something.  I feel like I am playing in a vaccuum".

But for a few seasons in the early 1990s we've had half a century of this  but still #WAWAW

1969.jpeg.d8f21292a0c3c8ccd4e33c2417e10ebc.jpeg

"

problem the club has 'highlighted' by player, player to be 'disciplined' for it, way to go...

I wonder why shortly after I was watching division 2 football?

and as I remember the chant of the day was 'TAYLOR OUT, TAYLOR OUT, TAYLOR OUT', I had to ask my mate who this taylor bloke was who everybody wanted out? as the cushions went on yet again.

Summer of 69,the start of the slide.Thered been unrest all season long,Marshalls tactics had proved deeply unpopular among the players.

I loved McCalliog,as most of us did,but watching him score the winner late in that wolves game in august 69,was like a dagger in the nutz,still hurts after all these years,my first real taste of what being an Owl fan would be like LOL

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I feel like someone has stolen my wedding speech. But I dont think anyone wouldn't ever call Grandad's caravan at Bridlington South Beach lavish. Lavatorial perhaps.

Shirley caravan park Ings Lane 

Near the Fisons Factory 

Just past the Level Crossing ....:Sid:

• Haha 1