Forestieri to pigs 14 million

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Makes me laugh when people use the excuse that we should get rid of players like Forestieri, Matias and Joao, because we don’t get enough games from them. Yet they are happy to tell us that someone like Powell is the answer, having played a similar amount of games

How many games do you think Powell played over last three seasons? 

11 hours ago, Night King said:

According to today’s Sun. mad money. 

Yeah

So Wilder, famous for astute purchases on the cheap is going to do this.

Although it might be true I think it unlikely and unwelcome.

Unless Bruce has someone else lined up it wouldn't seem a good idea to sell your most talented forward looking at a season where we have realistic hopes to gain autopro.

Meh! We'll see.

After a day to digest this, I’m sure it’s a story put out there either by his agents to instigate a nice new contract/new club or by ours to try and alert other more realistic destinations, such as Fulham. 

2 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Yeah

So Wilder, famous for astute purchases on the cheap is going to do this.

Although it might be true I think it unlikely and unwelcome.

Unless Bruce has someone else lined up it wouldn't seem a good idea to sell your most talented forward looking at a season where we have realistic hopes to gain autopro.

Meh! We'll see.

Lets be fair, he’s turned the likes of Basham into quality, if he was to get the best out of FF, as he has done with many, he’d undoubtedly get the best player they’ve had at their place for many a year. 

And, I wouldn’t put the above past Wilder. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

He needs a pre season under Bruce along with his new medical team hopefully, get fit and playing weekly and there's no reason he cant be the player to build the team around.. Selling him is madness especially to them 

A pig I know texted me about this earlier, he's a typical Blademan simpleton, expecting me to be concerned or upset about this ridiculous rumour. He was slightly disappointed when I told him I'd piggy back him to the Lane tonight for that kind of money.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

He needs a pre season under Bruce along with his new medical team hopefully, get fit and playing weekly and there's no reason he cant be the player to build the team around.. Selling him is madness especially to them 

Not for 14 mill it isnt

38 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

A pig I know texted me about this earlier, he's a typical Blademan simpleton, expecting me to be concerned or upset about this ridiculous rumour. He was slightly disappointed when I told him I'd piggy back him to the Lane tonight for that kind of money.

Id take him for half that after id finished my cuppa

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I need to say only two words on this nonsense - Alan Nixon. :rolleyes:

I’d love to know why people automatically assume Nixon knows nothing when he blatantly does, 9/10 of his stories are usually bang on the money 

Spent the day at Hillsborough yesterday for a tournament. Surrounded by Owls and blades. Every single owls fan said for that money he could go. Every blade tried the wind up only to be silenced by the answer. 

He doesn't play every game. He sulks and moans a lot. He refused to play for us. He is brilliant on his day, but those days aren't as regular as they should or could be. If anyone wants to give us 14million for him then we should snap their whole arm off, never mind their hands. And that includes the pigs. So what if he plays well for them and helps them stay up. If their money helps us improve then as Wednesday fans we should be happy. Their success or failure doesn't define us. 

This story was put out there by the pigs I reckon to try and get us wound up. Not read the whole thread but I'm willing to bet there's more saying sell him then rather than getting wound up. 

Edited by latemodelchild
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Philb125 said:

After a day to digest this, I’m sure it’s a story put out there either by his agents to instigate a nice new contract/new club or by ours to try and alert other more realistic destinations, such as Fulham. 

Definitely this. FF just doesn’t strike me as a Pigs player. Nor will they gamble £14m on any player let alone an unproven (at that level) one. I’m sure he’ll be off. Much better his agent starts the rumour so another Championship club with parachute 

payments comes in for him 

I’d love this to be true... or I would like to state that I’m sure Wilder likes him, but them paying the inflated fee we want will be the stumbling block.

I know the pigs are promoted to the land of milk and honey, but with the ownership issue and a big name striker required, I really can’t see their marquee signing being FF. I think they would spunk a wedge on someone like Maupay at Brentford and then a few more modest signings.

If he doesn’t go, I really hope as he is in the last year of his contract he can pull his finger out and remember the player he used to be.