Forestieri to pigs 14 million

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Makes me laugh when people use the excuse that we should get rid of players like Forestieri, Matias and Joao, because we don’t get enough games from them. Yet they are happy to tell us that someone like Powell is the answer, having played a similar amount of games

It is not about numbers of games for me although the fitness of all three to stand up to the the rigours of the championship is a worry because the fact is they can’t.

The issue is that a manager needs to know he is going to get a performance from the player 90% of the time. In this league especially you need players you can rely on to do the basics week in week out.

The three are probably 3 of our most talented players but don’t give the manager the reliability he needs. One wild card in a team you can get away with, not three.

It’s not as if they haven’t had time. They have been here long enough to prove their worth and haven’t.

Edited by oldishowl
  • Like 1

Just now, oldishowl said:

It is not about numbers of games for me although the fitness of all three to stand up to the the rigours of the championship is a worry because the fact is they can’t.

The issue is that a manager needs to know he is going to get a performance from the player 90% of the time. In this league especially you need players you can rely on to do the basics week in week out.

The three are probably 3 of our most talented players but don’t give the manager the reliability he needs. One wild card in a team you can get away with, not three.

Yes we need to get greater consistency, but I’m not sure it’s about players not turning up. Forestieri gives you a shift, even if things aren’t going for him. Joao often gives the impression that he’s not bothered, but I’m sure that’s not the case. Frankly I think he just needs a decent run in the side. A lot of this, and this is just my theory, is that the team has been set up, first and foremost, not to lose. There hasn’t been too much emphasis on the attacking side of our game. That’s understandable, most managers will look to build from a solid base. I think you’d see a different Forestieri and Joao, once we start to concentrate on the attacking side of the game. Our main attacking tactic so far under Bruce, is to get the ball up to Fletcher, who will look to flick it on. That’s neither Forestieri’s or Joao’s game, feeding on scraps and knock downs It’s all a bit basic for my liking, but hopefully this will change as Bruce gets time to work on the offensive side of our game

Wind up. This is Wilder extracting urine and trying to unsettle our key to EPL next season. Puerile.

But if not, £14 million would sort us good and proper with only 1 year contract left and £50,000 weekly wages off books.

Edited by fred mciver
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes we need to get greater consistency, but I’m not sure it’s about players not turning up. Forestieri gives you a shift, even if things aren’t going for him. Joao often gives the impression that he’s not bothered, but I’m sure that’s not the case. Frankly I think he just needs a decent run in the side. A lot of this, and this is just my theory, is that the team has been set up, first and foremost, not to lose. There hasn’t been too much emphasis on the attacking side of our game. That’s understandable, most managers will look to build from a solid base. I think you’d see a different Forestieri and Joao, once we start to concentrate on the attacking side of the game. Our main attacking tactic so far under Bruce, is to get the ball up to Fletcher, who will look to flick it on. That’s neither Forestieri’s or Joao’s game, feeding on scraps and knock downs It’s all a bit basic for my liking, but hopefully this will change as Bruce gets time to work on the offensive side of our game

Attacking, please.

6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

1 year contract left and £50,000 weekly wages off books.

50,000?!?!

Get out of here, you absolute numpty. 

Anyway...

Screams of lazy journalism or some lazy agent trying to spin a tale. 

Let's see, 1 year left on his current deal, about to turn 30...what better way to try and get a move or put pressure on parent club to offer a new deal, than to cobble together a story about your client moving to the inner city rivals. 

I think the interest will be true, but the value won’t be. Says it all about the blunts though, they are obsessed with trying to take our best players whenever they are in front in an attempt to weaken us, rather than trying to move themselves ahead. How many of our current/ex players have they signed since we’ve been out of the prem and how many have we signed of there’s. And they claim to not live in our shadow.

1 hour ago, Tom22709 said:

Really? He’s been crap for 2 years now, I’d me much happier to rinse them out of millions and let him go and sit in their treatment room

He's not had a pre season with Bruce and there's been lots of players out with long term injuries which I think is the fault of the medical team that Bruce has talked of and trying to rectify. I think a fit ff will be huge for our promotion push.