Forestieri to pigs 14 million

28 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s a Nixon story. The bloke has been wildly off the mark with everything Wednesday related since Chansiri called him out at the fans forum. 

Er, that statement is wildly off the mark.....lol

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I don’t want to lose Nando but for 14 million I’d personally come back from Japan to drive him there myself regardless of the fact it’s to the pigs!!

12 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Lets not be sheep.

Maupay will be going to United. 

25 league goals, 8 assists, 22 years old.

14m for him makes sense. 

It's an interesting dynamic, it's one thing gambling £1m on players to take the step up to the championship, but the PL is another level completely. 

£14m is peanuts for most PL signings, soon burns through PL money, particularly when wage structure obliterated (as was the case when they paid Madine £32k per week). Then stuck with long contracts, unaffordable after the inevitable relegation, with a depreciating asset. 

Even more challenging for a team  who didn't own most of their better players.

But back to the point, Maupay is more realistic than FF. Don't think he is good enough to make the step up though, Brentford will be the big winners in that deal, as would we with £14m for FF.

Even if they wanted him which they probably don't, they know full well that we'd snatch their trotters off for a third of that fee. 

That said, we know how obsessed they are with us and they love to sign an ex Wednesday player or one of our targets  just in case he comes good so they can have a gloat about getting one over on us. It rarely works. Bromby Geary and Quinn did although it was after we released them anyway and they actually paid Stockport for Geary, and there was Cresswell, O'Grady, McMahon, Morrison, Curran, Madine, Luke Beckett, and the hilarious gazumping of Ryan France. 

43 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

If this is true and I doubt it is 

I will donate to the club a new honours board and provide signage of this transaction as our first honour 

14 million :tango:

It's a lie.

Their tight fisted chairman won't be thinking about spending that kind of money on one player.

Add to which does anyone really think he fits into Wilders team ethic.

Total wind up.

22 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Somebody having a laugh there and some journo fell for it.

Does anybody believe Forestieri is Wilder’s type of player, never mind him helping the Owls out to the tune of £14 million.

You've hit the nail firmly on the head there. I don't expect Wilder would ever pay us for anyone regardless of how much he wanted the player. 

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit

Wilder is utterly, utterly obsessed with Wednesday. He’s a proper United fan, got a real chip on his shoulder about Wednesday and would love to do anything to try and wind us up.

That’s the exact reason he started with Madine up top against us even though they looked 10x better when McGoldrick came on to replace him.

Hopefully he doesn’t realise that we’d all snap his hand off for £14m and go a long way towards helping our financial situation 

38 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Somebody having a laugh there and some journo fell for it.

Does anybody believe Forestieri is Wilder’s type of player, never mind him helping the Owls out to the tune of £14 million.

Absolutely this. 

Just shows you what a wonder goal against the champions on TV does for your value.

Whether the story is true or not doesn't matter; it's the value it represents. If FF is deemed good enough to play in the PL, which I know is debatable, then this type of value might not be far off the mark. It highlights other lower PL clubs to his availability and situation as well.