2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If he could stay fit would be a very exciting signing. Worrying that he missed a whole season through injury not so long ago though. The last think we need is more players out with long term injuries especially when we probably won’t have much money to spend on new signing fees and wages. 

He played 30 odd games last season why the negativity on the season before 

• Agree 5

Wasn't this the guy who had the supposed degenerative injury?

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I guess when the target is to get to the promised land, what better person to bring in than Moses.

lol

Trouble is that it took him bloody years to find it 

7 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

He played 30 odd games last season why the negativity on the season before 

Its Owlstalk that's why.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Trouble is that it took him bloody years to find it 

2059/60 season ends in a zero - believe! :Chansiri:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, trevdi9 said:

WELL T'OLD STRETCHERS FREE Abdi's GONE LOL 

lol   I was going to say think of the physios we've had to lay off

• Haha 1

Haven’t seen much of him this season but if he can get anywhere near the level he was prior to his injury he’ll be a steal on a free.

Reading the comments on Brentford’s release tweet pretty much all are unhappy that he’s been released which can’t be a bad sign.

Do we never learn. We’ve had to wait years to get injury plagued players off our wage bill, and we’re still making the same mistakes. I warned at the time that Bruce’s decision to bring in Aarons and Lazaar was a risk, and so it turned out. Now this, crazy

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Yet managed 35 games the season just gone apparently 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting one this, Odubaju is primarily a right full back who can also play right wing.

Begs the questions

1. Do we need three right backs.

2. Is Palmer on his way

3. Is the plan to play with wing backs.

4. Iorfa to play rt centre back 

Whichever it is it makes for a very flexible squad, but that knee problem of Odubaju’s is a worry.

Just now, Blatter said:

Interesting one this, Odubaju is primarily a right full back who can also play right wing.

Begs the questions

1. Do we need three right backs.

2. Is Palmer on his way

3. Is the plan to play with wing backs.

4. Iorfa to play rt centre back 

Whichever it is it makes for a very flexible squad, but that knee problem of Odubaju’s is a worry.

Both Odubajo and Palmer can play left back and arguably Palmer is a better left back than he is right back. 

• Disagree 1

can't wait for SB to address our weak midfield 

• Agree 1

Not sure if he has been released but more his choice.  

Hopefully SB has tapped him up. 

7 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Begs the questions

1. Do we need three right backs.      Not at all, but potentially all three can play in other positions to a competent level.

2. Is Palmer on his way    I seriously doubt it.     Covered competently at left back, and could in an emergency go back to his once natural central midfield position.

3. Is the plan to play with wing backs.    Can't see it personally, although more recruitment may tell us definitively.    Doesn't Bruce want wingers we heard?

4. Iorfa to play rt centre back      I reckon yes, based on Iorfa's own comments on his preferred position and suggestion he was bought to play there ultimately

Whichever it is it makes for a very flexible squad, but that knee problem of Odubaju’s is a worry.    I am less concerned after a good season without injury last season.

8 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Both Odubajo and Palmer can play left back and arguably Palmer is a better left back than he is right back. 

Can't agree with this, although Palmer is steady at left back you can see he is hesitant and over thinks things at left back - when he went back to right back he suddenly became a beast.....actually becoming a very physical full back with the attitude "i'm having that ball" where i've never seen him have that mentality before. 

I like this new Palmer at right back, he's average at left back but a steady stand in.

• Agree 4

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Do we never learn. We’ve had to wait years to get injury plagued players off our wage bill, and we’re still making the same mistakes. I warned at the time that Bruce’s decision to bring in Aarons and Lazaar was a risk, and so it turned out. Now this, crazy

Bruce clearly needs to involve you in any future transfer dealings!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

lol:tango::duntmatter:      

Just now, Salmonbones said:

Can't agree with this, although Palmer is steady at left back you can see he is hesitant and over thinks things at left back - when he went back to right back he suddenly became a beast.....actually becoming a very physical full back with the attitude "i'm having that ball" where i've never seen him have that mentality before. 

I like this new Palmer at right back, he's average at left back but a steady stand in.

Palmer..... Beast?

Good grief!

• Haha 1

I think Odubajo would be a great signing.  Free transfer, could certainly worth a punt. 

Does anyone think we may see Palmer in centre midfield next season?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1