Athletic performance

We have not been up to speed in this area for some time. We have often looked sluggish and other teams had more than we have had in terms of energy. If we get chap who looks specifically at this type of thing I will be delighted.

These kinds of posts should be a no-brainer.

Why spend millions on buying players and millions on their wages withough spending relatively small amounts on support and infrastructure?

It's bonkers.

Bruce has said he needs to get to the bottom of why we seem to suffer so many injuries, certainly more than the league average.

An appointment of this nature hopefully gets into the detail of our training and recovery methods, it can't just be to blame to the training pitch each season. 

18 hours ago, TheWednesday said:

Hasn't been working for Man Utd since the end of last season after taking on the role with Wales - https://trainingground.guru/articles/strudwick-appointed-head-of-performance-by-wales

He wasn't really Man U's first team head of performance since Mourinho started there - he always takes his own fitness guy with him

Strudwick was mainly working with the academy

He is extremely well regarded and it's a wise move by Bruce - because our injuries are way more about how we prepare, train, play and recover than they are about training surfaces and clinical staff

• Thanks 2

We've had these injury issues since Trevor Francis days.    I don't recall it so much under Atkinson and I don't really know much before then as my first season actually going to games was 90.

I saw this article about this guy yesterday and welcomed the move.    It's been a long standing issue, not just appeared since Carlos was manager.

On 11/05/2019 at 13:48, Salmonbones said:

We've had these injury issues since Trevor Francis days.    I don't recall it so much under Atkinson and I don't really know much before then as my first season actually going to games was 90.

I saw this article about this guy yesterday and welcomed the move.    It's been a long standing issue, not just appeared since Carlos was manager.

In the Wilkinson era the team was virtually the same week in week out and Wilko worked them harder than any team around that time 

12 minutes ago, owler66 said:

In the Wilkinson era the team was virtually the same week in week out and Wilko worked them harder than any team around that time 

We didn’t have Desso pitches back then. Teams that visited their rivals with AstroTurf pitches, often came out of those games with injuries. 

On 10/05/2019 at 16:54, Rev Owl said:

These kinds of posts should be a no-brainer.

Why spend millions on buying players and millions on their wages withough spending relatively small amounts on support and infrastructure?

It's bonkers.

Did you see the size of Man City's backroom staff? Unbelievable Jeff.