Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

 

 

Bit of confusion here, methinks. 

Wilf Smith was born of an English Father, serving in the British Forces in W.Germany, so could possibly have taken German citizenship, but was brought up entirely in England, and never claimed German citizenship

 

As for Gerry Young, he was born and bred in South Shields, and was brought up in a little village called Primrose Hill, between Felling and Jarrow. He may have sounded strange to S.Yorks folk since he always spoke with a  broad Geordie accent, even when having a pint in the City centre pub he frequented.

 

 

Erm, I think you stand the distinct possibility of picking up a  WHHHOOOOOOOOOOOSH on the Gerry Young one, buxton lol 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets just hope he's a decent player and a vast improvement on our recent recruitments.

With the way things seem to be for Wednesday nowadays, he might be the only addition we're allowed, that's if the powers-that-be don't scupper this one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2019 at 22:15, ka58 said:

err

 

 

*Herr...

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

I flew over, talked to those responsible, completed the medical check-up and signed it," explains Börner.

 

I wonder why it hasn't been announced by the club.

Probably because he signed the medical not the contract. He admits it in that quote.lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, s6 owl said:

I flew over, talked to those responsible, completed the medical check-up and signed it," explains Börner.

 

I wonder why it hasn't been announced by the club.

 

That's literally our medicals. A form saying

 

Are you fit?  Yes/No

 

Delete as applicable and sign below

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

ting 

 

Erm, I think you stand the distinct possibility of picking up a  WHHHOOOOOOOOOOOSH on the Gerry Young one, buxton lol 

 

 

 

 

 

I well remember in 1961, I  was living in Shields and attending Newcastle Uni..Back home in Hoyland , we had a Supporters Club branch Dinner which I attended.

Gerry was sitting opposite me, and, fascinated by his accent, I asked him where he  came from. 'You'll not have heard of it, it's a small village called Primrose Hill, between Jarrow and Felling' was his reply. 'Went through it yesterday' I said truly.  We became speaking acquaintances, and afterwards, I found by accident  that one of his regular water holes in Fountain Square. He never changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pulsar said:

 

 

Screenshot_20190608-110254.thumb.png.c053ce5178c6a8623b160bca675c9da1.png

Chill. I get this look from attractive women all the time when I'm in my man jeggings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sham67 said:

 

Doesn't he know we've been umbongoed? lol

 

Who was?

Full name Wilfred Samuel Smith
Date of birth 3 September 1946 (age 72)
Place of birth Neumünster, Germany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darra said:
Full name Wilfred Samuel Smith
Date of birth 3 September 1946 (age 72)
Place of birth Neumünster, Germany

He was the son of a British Soldier, serving in W.Germany, and a German mother. He was christened WOLFGANG, and his name was changed by Deed Poll when the family returned to England when he was 4 years old. He was registered as British. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Chill. I get this look from attractive women all the time when I'm in my man jeggings.

 

See the source image

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

 

 

Bit of confusion here, methinks. 

Wilf Smith was born of an English Father, serving in the British Forces in W.Germany, so could possibly have taken German citizenship, but was brought up entirely in England, and never claimed German citizenship

 

As for Gerry Young, he was born and bred in South Shields, and was brought up in a little village called Primrose Hill, between Felling and Jarrow. He may have sounded strange to S.Yorks folk since he always spoke with a  broad Geordie accent, even when having a pint in the City centre pub he frequented.

I think if he was  born in germany to a german woman and named wolfgang it's fair to say that herr borner is not the first german to play for us 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...