Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

How you can say Thorniley should be in front of Lees next season baffles me.

 

And me.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurujuan.... Sorry but who has left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tashton said:

Gurujuan.... Sorry but who has left

No, he is left, as in left sided

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone considering the idea that Lees might be one of the 'diffcult/ unpopular' sales to generate some cash for rebuilding

 

This guy could be part of the rebuilding...one of the 4 CBs we need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Anyone considering the idea that Lees might be one of the 'diffcult/ unpopular' sales to generate some cash for rebuilding

 

This guy could be part of the rebuilding...one of the 4 CBs we need

Would be pointless, as we’d then have to replace him and Hector

Plus, we need to be careful we don’t undermine any of the continuity we’ve built up, especially as the defence has looked pretty solid Recently I’ve seen posts advocating new full backs, right and left, now Lees on top of the Hector departure, it’s too much upheaval 

Edited by gurujuan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Lees and Hector second half to season was incredible 

 

A great defensive record all around of course - but the turnaround is ridiculous, if we can't get Hector then fair enough but to turf Lees out? 

 

And Thorniley for Lees?!?! What are people smoking. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Calm down.

 

Take some valium or someit. 

 

In no way shape or form does signing this guy mean we are not bringing Hector in. 

 

Actually read through what you've posted in here and it'll dawn upon you how hysterical and ridiculous you're coming across. 

 

 

 

It’s not hysterical. I genuinely don’t see is getting Hector if we are signing this lad. No way will he come and sit in the bench. If you are happy to lose our player of the year then fair enough but I’m not. Best cb we’ve had in about 15 years!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

How you can say Thorniley should be in front of Lees next season baffles me.

Because as good as Tom Lees has been for us he has him limitations and they are becoming more and more apparent. He got a lot better towards the end of last season but he is slower and looks as cumbersome as ever with the ball at his feet. I am not saying he is finished with us at all, however....

 

Thorniley looks ready for championship football and looks to have most of the good attributes that Lees has plus with better ball and organisational skills. I think this is the time he steps up to being first choice CB (hopefully with Hector) and as others have said he looks like a future captain to me.

 

This is not a Lees bashing post at all its a Thorniley praise one.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Tom Lees and Hector second half to season was incredible 

 

A great defensive record all around of course - but the turnaround is ridiculous, if we can't get Hector then fair enough but to turf Lees out? 

 

And Thorniley for Lees?!?! What are people smoking. 

Last two games of the season and under Jos, Tom was abysmal. He played very well in between. Would take Hector and dump Lees though if I had to choose.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Because as good as Tom Lees has been for us he has him limitations and they are becoming more and more apparent. He got a lot better towards the end of last season but he is slower and looks as cumbersome as ever with the ball at his feet. I am not saying he is finished with us at all, however....

 

Thorniley looks ready for championship football and looks to have most of the good attributes that Lees has plus with better ball and organisational skills. I think this is the time he steps up to being first choice CB (hopefully with Hector) and as others have said he looks like a future captain to me.

 

This is not a Lees bashing post at all its a Thorniley praise one.

I agree that Thorniley looks good, but he's certainly not good enough to push Lees out of the side.

 

For all the stick Lees gets, when he was out last season it was hugely apparent how much we missed him.

 

We look a much better team with Lees in the side.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

It’s not hysterical. I genuinely don’t see is getting Hector if we are signing this lad. No way will he come and sit in the bench. If you are happy to lose our player of the year then fair enough but I’m not. Best cb we’ve had in about 15 years!!

 

He isn't ours to lose. He could stay with Chelsea or move, permanent or loan, to another club and there's very little we can do about it.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst I love that we're connected to someone already. Is a mid-table Bundesliga 2 team that good a source for a player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think Thorniley should be ahead of Lees next season !

 

Coming from someone who wanted Bannan out of the team sounds about right .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m very upset by this. It obviously means Hector isn’t coming back. Devastating !!

Drama queen.:Sid:

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Whilst I love that we're connected to someone already. Is a mid-table Bundesliga 2 team that good a source for a player?

There are players in Championship teams that nobody thinks of as Premiership players but if their team got promoted they would step up and surprise people. I suspect Borner is similar, good at the level he's playing but potentially has the ability to go to another level.

 

It might take a while for him to adjust to the Championship but when he does he could be a star.

 

In Bruce we trust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Whilst I love that we're connected to someone already. Is a mid-table Bundesliga 2 team that good a source for a player?

 

This is a point.  That league is absolutely garbage.

 

I'm not getting too excited but I'll look forward to seeing him step up to the challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

Whilst I love that we're connected to someone already. Is a mid-table Bundesliga 2 team that good a source for a player?

 

Well many of Norwich and Huddersfields sides were bought from the 2nd tier of Germany. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

It’s not hysterical. I genuinely don’t see is getting Hector if we are signing this lad. No way will he come and sit in the bench. If you are happy to lose our player of the year then fair enough but I’m not. Best cb we’ve had in about 15 years!!

Are you on crack? 

  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Tom & Owlerton Ghost.

 

If you like Telecasters,check out the Tele masters,Roy Buchannan and Danny Gatton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

 

And me.

Me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...