Offer Westwood the captaincy.

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

tom lees as captained the team under 4 different managers why do some think he isn't a good captain ……..what are they seeing that those who want change arnt ?

Lees comes across as being emotionally calm under pressure, which is an important attribute for a captain/team leader.  

But it's also important to be able to fire up your teammates, and as an observer it doesn't appear Lees has that quality, whereas Loovens fit the role perfectly. 

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think I noticed Lees limitations as captain, during the time we had Dawson, Thorniley and Penney in the side. They were crying out for a bit of leadership, and someone to organise things at set plays. Tom Lees doesn’t do that, and it was left to young Thorniley to try and take charge. It’s not meant to be a criticism of Tom Lees, who I think is a good defender, and by all accounts, a great professional 

Obviously, with the return of the vastly experienced Westwood, those shortcomings weren’t so noticeable

I think I noticed that Bruce actually knows something about football so I'd go with him lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Here Westy, stay with us and you can wear an armband as well on a Saturday, that sounds better than signing for Huddersfield with a massive wage increase doesn't it? 

Reyt sweetener. 

It will once we tell him he is getting Hooper's old executive box aswell.

:Sid:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

tom lees as captained the team under 4 different managers why do some think he isn't a good captain ……..what are they seeing that those who want change arnt ?

Were you at the game on Sunday ?

When Smith deliberately took out Westwood in the 1st minute where was Lees in the aftermath ?

Not in the Refs ear like he should have been trying to protect his player he was walking off to the halfway line totally disinterested 

Rubbish Captain, excellent centre half 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Here Westy, stay with us and you can wear an armband as well on a Saturday, that sounds better than signing for Huddersfield with a massive wage increase doesn't it? 

Reyt sweetener. 

Go on then, seeing as you have the answer, what have we offered him and what have Huddersfield offered him ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

When Smith deliberately took out Westwood in the 1st minute where was Lees in the aftermath ?

Not in the Refs ear like he should have been trying to protect his player he was walking off to the halfway line totally disinterested 

And the very next time the ball went up to Smith Hector beat him to it won the ball and clattered him in the process, little stuff like that is what i like to see.

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

Not sure that's a good example don't you ever question a managers team selection ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Go on then, seeing as you have the answer, what have we offered him and what have Huddersfield offered him ?

How do I know? All I'm saying is Huddersfield with parachute payments will be able to offer twice what we pay him, surely that's obvious? Offering him the captaincy wont make a blind bit of difference, it's a job and he'll go where the money is being offered.

9 hours ago, prowl said:

I don't like goalkeepers as captain.

Bannan is too hot and cold to be captain and I don't see him as an arm around the shoulder type. He'd be fine at the shouting at people bit.

Lees is a good player but not captain material.

Hutch would be ok if he played more games but I get the impression he can be a moody person.

Hector would be a good shout if we get him back.

Lee might fit the bill if his fitness is ok. He gets all over the pitch, always keeps going but maybe not a big enough personality.

See KL would be my shout, but his professionalism, attitude and work rate makes up for that. 

The only thing is can he play 40+ games. 

I hope so because he's awesome. 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Lawrie Madden said:

So shouting at ref makes a good captain. Lets leave these decisions to Bruce, one of the finest defensive captains in recent history.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

And the very next time the ball went up to Smith Hector beat him to it won the ball and clattered him in the process, little stuff like that is what i like to see.

Exactly this. A quick word to each other, next time give him one back which Hector did. Much better than ranting and raving in the ref's ear.

2 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

yes  I was there and if I remember rightly the ref gave a foul so why would lees be having a go at the ref when he's made the correct decision ….