Season Ticket Sorted!

1 hour ago, Birstall Owl said:

After umming & ahing and the lad badgering me (can't knock his enthusiasm!), I jumped back on board the crazy train this week and got ST's again after having a sabbatical last season.

Sounds like your lad has been properly indoctrinated. 

Well done. 

36 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

Sounds like your lad has been properly indoctrinated. 

Well done. 

I'll be honest as West Yorkshire Wednesday fans most of his m8's are Leeds fans, as a young lad (he's 15 now) he supported Real Madrid. They might have lost a few times a year to Barca but hardly a disaster I could live with that. He'd been to watch us several times along with Leeds & Huddersfield through family and friends, but then when we beat Arsenal in 15/16 he came to me and said "I'm a Wednesday fan now"

And as any true father would I tried to dissuade him saying "it's not always this good m8" :biggrin: All I could see was him suffering like we have for the previous 15 years since relegation from the PL

Anyway it didn't work and he is always asking to go to games home/away, so I got ST again as it works out cheaper in the long run

• Like 1

Guest HUDDERSFIELD OWL

My 7 yr old great nephew his having his first season ticket with me and my son next season. Went to his first away game at Preston and loved  it. 

Got mine first chance......I always do...not cos I'm some sort of Ubersupporter...I follow a well worn algorhythm...

3 pints of Stella...Watch the Sheffield Semi, boxing day....and Antonios goal against Carlisle...Then I go through the Wycombe game, Sheridan '91 and Talbot at Cardiff...

Then I sorta fill up....turn to the wife wiv tear filled eyes and say.........

"You still got that credit card????"

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 09/05/2019 at 13:28, Birstall Owl said:

I'll be honest as West Yorkshire Wednesday fans most of his m8's are Leeds fans, as a young lad (he's 15 now) he supported Real Madrid. They might have lost a few times a year to Barca but hardly a disaster I could live with that. He'd been to watch us several times along with Leeds & Huddersfield through family and friends, but then when we beat Arsenal in 15/16 he came to me and said "I'm a Wednesday fan now"

And as any true father would I tried to dissuade him saying "it's not always this good m8" :biggrin: All I could see was him suffering like we have for the previous 15 years since relegation from the PL

Anyway it didn't work and he is always asking to go to games home/away, so I got ST again as it works out cheaper in the long run

You know it makes sense

:Sid:

38 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

No new cards, use last year's. Saves the club paying out to send more out. 

Two factors on if you get a new card or not

1) Did you change seats?

2) Have the club got new sponsors.

If new sponsors obviously everyone will get new cards - which can only be a good thing, but I don't reckon any local company will be pumping in to have their logo on our Season Tickets.