Fulham want Hector

It’s nice to see that there might not be such a meltdown if we don’t manage to sign Hector in the face of wealthier competition. Although we do really need to sign him or someone as good as him so I’m sure there will be a meltdown if we do neither. Good thing is that even Jos managed to sign a decent centre back, surely Bruce can do the same.

1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Hec will choose Fulham over us. If its even a competition. 

Why? Because of the area?

I think he'd pick us. Not many players find a club where the fans love them. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Why? Because of the area?

I think he'd pick us. Not many players find a club where the fans love them. 

Play well and the fans will love you. What we think of Hector won't sway him, ££ will. Plus, Fulham may be in a financial position to strike a deal early. We may need to sell first and check out P&S situation. Hector will want his future resolved ASAP. Doubt he'll wait all summer on the off chance we can afford a deal - and that's assuming Chelsea don't slap a 4 or 5mil price tag on him.. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Play well and the fans will love you. What we think of Hector won't sway him, ££ will. Plus, Fulham may be in a financial position to strike a deal early. We may need to sell first and check out P&S situation. Hector will want his future resolved ASAP. Doubt he'll wait all summer on the off chance we can afford a deal - and that's assuming Chelsea don't slap a 4 or 5mil price tag on him.. 

Well yeah if it goes that way.

The original quote that i was answering was saying if it was us vs Fulham, he'd pick Fulham. Which i don't think would happen.

I'd put good money on him being back here pretty soon.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Mr Hooper said:

Well yeah if it goes that way.

The original quote that i was answering was saying if it was us vs Fulham, he'd pick Fulham. Which i don't think would happen.

I'd put good money on him being back here pretty soon.

Dunno. Depends on position & cost. Could happen, could be a non-starter. DC said we were screwed without promotion, Bruce says we're not operating under embargo this summer...what's the truth? Has something changed? We've no clue what our position is really. 

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

On here wasn’t it ? 

I have no idea.  Chansiri said it was due to a "social media frenzy" but I'd like to know the numbers and then of those people who were genuine fans.

When we were asked to send in questions to the chairman we had to provide season ticket / membership numbers (i presume to prove we were genuine fans).  I don't ever recall being asked by the chairman what players we would like to sign.

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Dunno. Depends on position & cost. Could happen, could be a non-starter. DC said we were screwed without promotion, Bruce says we're not operating under embargo this summer...what's the truth? Has something changed? We've no clue what our position is really. 

He would probably prefer not to uproot though and stay in the area where he is.

On 08/04/2019 at 23:03, GY-owl.4 said:

Ive heard off Marjorie's husband Derek, delivery driver for the village bakery, and vice chair of the bowls club no less, that Fulham is the destination at which Hector will be plying his trade next season. 

'Wednesday cant compete with them, either financially or geographically, its a done deal' says Dereks son, Dennis, Who, would you believe, also delivers bakery products, but 150 odd miles south to various southern eateries, including Craven cottage and Stamford bridge.

i believe that Derek believes it. but i dont believe Dennis to be as believable as Derek thinks Dennis is.

true story.

This post is more than a month old. 

question is, Whats more likely? HITC saw this post and based its story upon it.. or Derek was telling the truth?

Derek, or even Dennis tbf, was telling the truth.

and you know what that means dont you eh? it means its not only good bread, but good source you can get from the bakery too!

im down the bowls club tomorrow night, Ill see if Dereks there.

Edited by GY-owl.4

9 hours ago, billyblack said:

He would probably prefer not to uproot though and stay in the area where he is.

His preference will be for regular first team football. He already knows he will get that with us, elsewhere nothing is guaranteed. Fulham for example don't even have a permanent manager in place yet and if someone new comes in they may have completely different ideas on team set up etc.

It all depends on if he is motivated by a big payday or a secure career for the next 5+ years.