Fulham want Hector

I’d still say we are in the driving seat. 

Loves it here. 

Has all new team mates.

His family n friends been coming to matches n love it.

He wants to settle at a club. 

Hes said wants to come back. 

Winning 7 player of seasons shows he’s popular.

Fans sing his name when not many defenders get that. He will love it n bet not had at many of the 17 clubs he’s been at. 

First team regular n prob guaranteed it with us. 

Main thing two words.....STEVE BRUCE

Edited by ozzieowl

23 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

I’d still say we are in the driving seat. 

Loves it here. 

Has all new team mates.

His family n friends been coming to matches n love it.

He wants to settle at a club. 

Hes said wants to come back. 

Winning 7 player of seasons shows he’s popular.

Fans sing his name when not many defenders get that. He will love it n bet not had at many of the 17 clubs he’s been at. 

First team regular n prob guaranteed it with us. 

Main thing two words.....MONEY TALKS

Fixed it for you.... 

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Was always gonna happen.

There are plently of cb options out there though. Remember last year we all wanted Venancio, he didn't sign and we went out and got better in Hector.

Don't think we should exclude Thorniley as a prime option.  Don't remember him making more mistakes than any other cb this season, and how are players supposed to get experience if they aren't played.  It seems that there's always someone who can be brought in, and never promoted from within.  It has to start somewhere, and it's a good £ option in these difficult times - and he's tough and he's English.  Bruce will make the right decision though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

He’s a London lad and my guess is that his family (wife, child, parents, etc) live in London also; Craven Cottage and Stamford Bridge are closer to each other than Hillsborough and Bramall Lane are; Fulham’s training ground is just 10 miles away from Chelsea’s training ground; and Fulham can offer him much more than us in wages. London offers an exciting life when you have the cash. Saying that, he’ll have to start again in terms of securing regular football if he moves there. 

We can offer him a slower pace of life in a city that’s considered to be very friendly;  lots of our ex-players have set down their roots for good in Sheffield so there’s obviously an attraction, outside rush hour, he can drive around Sheffield without constantly being caught in traffic; his place in our side is pretty much nailed on; he is close to being hero worshipped at Hillsborough. 

It all depends what his motivations are. 

You are having a laugh .

• Haha 2

After McGugan and Rhodes, I would think that Chansiri will think twice before indulging the fans again with a signing.

I hope Chansiri has learned a lesson, and that he trusts Bruce.

Now the question is, does Bruce really want Hector, when all things are considered.    That includes things like wages and transfer fee.    Could that money be better used in rebuilding the squad, in the eyes of our current manager?

If so, then Hector ain't coming.   

1 hour ago, hangonrose said:

Don't think we should exclude Thorniley as a prime option.  Don't remember him making more mistakes than any other cb this season, and how are players supposed to get experience if they aren't played.  It seems that there's always someone who can be brought in, and never promoted from within.  It has to start somewhere, and it's a good £ option in these difficult times - and he's tough and he's English.  Bruce will make the right decision though

Agree that Thorniley looks very promising, problem is that unless Lees has an organiser at the side of him which I don't think Thorniley is yet Lees looks like a fish out of water.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Lets see if we can tempt Chelski to sell with a cheeky 350k bid.

I'm afraid a ridiculously low bid may result in them not taking us seriously, preventing any further discussion from taking place.

Best make it £351k

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

11 teams finished above us without Hector. Would love him back but perspective is key (and quick midfielders who are expensive)

mmm Hector for a full year and I don't think 11 finish above us.

Get what your saying though  

Edited by LiamAP22D

2 hours ago, bobness said:

I'm afraid a ridiculously low bid may result in them not taking us seriously, preventing any further discussion from taking place.

Best make it £351k

Good point 

8 hours ago, LiamAP22D said:

mmm Hector for a full year and I don't think 11 finish above us.

Get what your saying though  

We did have him for a full year, obviously the manager is key but there will be plenty of decent centre halves if it gets a bit pricey. He’s quality and his price reflects that but if the same money brought us in game changers at the top end of the pitch and we loaned someone like Tuanzebe we wouldn’t be in terrible shape.

Hopefully it isn’t an either or situation

9 hours ago, NYowl said:

Agree that Thorniley looks very promising, problem is that unless Lees has an organiser at the side of him which I don't think Thorniley is yet Lees looks like a fish out of water.

I agree. I think Thorniley is ultimately the replacement for Lees as they are similar.

9 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

That's why I left Sheffield after 50 years and rocked up in the quiet little provincial backwater of Worksop. Lack of traffic jams does wonders for your sanity :rolleyes:

Having lived in The Dukeries I could find other adjectives to describe Worksop....somehow I survived.

11 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

After McGugan and Rhodes, I would think that Chansiri will think twice before indulging the fans again with a signing.

I hope Chansiri has learned a lesson, and that he trusts Bruce.

Now the question is, does Bruce really want Hector, when all things are considered.    That includes things like wages and transfer fee.    Could that money be better used in rebuilding the squad, in the eyes of our current manager?

If so, then Hector ain't coming.   

When and where did us fans say we wanted Jordon Rhodes?

• Haha 1