Fulham want Hector

Guest wilyfox
38 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

No point in worrying about this.

If we can afford Hector, he will choose us. It's a simple as that. He loves the fans.

If we can't afford him, he'll go elsewhere. 50 clubs can be after him, the only reason he'd sign for anyone but us, is because he just don't have the money to match Chelsea's valuation.

Not a bad position to be in.

Why are you still here? You're out of contract Mr.Hooper. Be free..

I trust Bruce with signings but one area I'd expect him to bring in and excellent player is center half. Had Dawson & Davies at Hull and Terry & Chester at Villa. I'd expect someone as good as Hector here, even if it's not the man himself. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
3 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Gone are the days when i cared about missing out on signings.

There are lots of players out there.

Hate to say it but we probably wouldn't have taken any of the porkers players

before wilder did. Just shows what a decent manager with a plan can do.

Couldn’t agree more. A top manager in this division is worth more than a £100m squad. Look at how many teams come down from the PL with such squads, yet can’t get back up again with them because they have some numpty at the helm.

A manager with a plan, who knows tactics,and  can get an extra bit out of Championship players, makes a massive difference in this division.

Sure you need decent players...but we had a manager who lost the plot and refused to play them....Bruce I reckon will be different

Can't be arsed to look at the moment but there are certainly plenty of capable defenders out there that we can bring in on loan or permanent transfers ..

It would be nice to have Hector here, but people need to get get past being so hung up on signing players that we have had on the books

Edited by Hack-Abusi

34 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Can't be arsed to look at the moment but there are certainly plenty of capable defenders out there that we can bring in on loan or permanent transfers ..

It would be nice to have Hector here, but people need to get get past being so hung up on signing players that we have had on the books

I think its because we have seen a player that can actually do a job....and with the recent past signings, Abdi, Urby, Van aken  etc....Its a worry that we will f.ook up again...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

If true then we won't get him unless Bruce can weave his magic. Whatever we offer Chelsea and Hector, Fulham can blow out of the water without even thinking about it. They will get more next season in failure payments than we are allowed to lose over 3 seasons. We are at a massive disadvantage. Our best hope is to unearth a gem or 2, cos any decent player on our radar can be 'stolen' by teams like Fulham. 

This.  Even if we matched their wages offer (not a hope in hell)  he'd go to Fulham. London scene, most judges would say Fulham have a better chance of top 2 than us. There are about 10 clubs in our division who could easily persuade any of our players to jump ship by offering more money. There is no loyalty in football, only by the fans.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Fulham can get to f.uck! 

He’ll be back up north soon, BELIEVE!!

Fulham have parachute money so far more likely to get him than us.

..good old parachute payments eh!

This will come down to money - always does.

He’s a London lad and my guess is that his family (wife, child, parents, etc) live in London also; Craven Cottage and Stamford Bridge are closer to each other than Hillsborough and Bramall Lane are; Fulham’s training ground is just 10 miles away from Chelsea’s training ground; and Fulham can offer him much more than us in wages. London offers an exciting life when you have the cash. Saying that, he’ll have to start again in terms of securing regular football if he moves there. 

We can offer him a slower pace of life in a city that’s considered to be very friendly;  lots of our ex-players have set down their roots for good in Sheffield so there’s obviously an attraction, outside rush hour, he can drive around Sheffield without constantly being caught in traffic; his place in our side is pretty much nailed on; he is close to being hero worshipped at Hillsborough. 

It all depends what his motivations are. 

There is zero chance we'll be signing him.  He's on the last year of his contract at Chelsea so they'll want the most money they can get for him.  They'll want £5m at least I'd have thought.  And we will not be spending anywhere near that on players (unless we sell Reach and/or a couple of others).  Then we'd have to finance his wages.  Our best hope is that nobody buys him and we can get him on another loan.

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

He’s a London lad and my guess is that his family (wife, child, parents, etc) live in London also; Craven Cottage and Stamford Bridge are closer to each other than Hillsborough and Bramall Lane are; Fulham’s training ground is just 10 miles away from Chelsea’s training ground; and Fulham can offer him much more than us in wages. London offers an exciting life when you have the cash. Saying that, he’ll have to start again in terms of securing regular football if he moves there. 

We can offer him a slower pace of life in a city that’s considered to be very friendly;  lots of our ex-players have set down their roots for good in Sheffield so there’s obviously an attraction, outside rush hour, he can drive around Sheffield without constantly being caught in traffic; his place in our side is pretty much nailed on; he is close to being hero worshipped at Hillsborough. 

It all depends what his motivations are. 

$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£$£

Just not bothered...

6 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

We've been linked with Willis from Coventry so perhaps we are making plans for not being able to bring him back. He will have plenty of options and will not be cheap

My son in law raves about him but I think I hes a bit injury prone. He's a Cov fan.

Edited by Tank_owl

Been on season-long loans at various London clubs before, and left them to go to Germany when it seemed a better option - he goes where the football is, and now he’s looking for stability and a proper rapport/place at a club. Fulham are all over the shop squad-wise and staff-wise. Wages and location alone won’t swing it IMO, he’s been everywhere and wants to be an integral part of something.

Fulham have a *lot* of ground to make up on us in that regard that even a couple grand extra a week can’t necessarily buy from a player in Hec’s rather unique position career/timing-wise, and he’d have to take any promises from them purely on faith. No guarantee that’s gonna be anywhere near good enough for him after what he knows he’d get here, regardless of how handy the commute is.

• Like 1