Fulham want Hector

Fulham were crap at the back last season and this does seem a credible fit.

They spent most of their premiership money on rubbish last season so will have some issues and need to offload some 

However presumably Mitrovic will want out as he only went there because of jokanovic and will fetch a big fee

17 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

If Fulham are interested we`ll have to have something as an alternative to draw him in rather than money - Fulham will blow us out of the water. 

Hopefully like you say he enjoyed it here and would be more settled, but Fulham is right next door to Chelsea so wouldn't need to relocate. 

Hopefully with them not having a full manager in yet that might pursuade him, plus maybe making him captain? 

Has he ever located near chelsea though? He's not been there throughout his contract

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Has he ever located near chelsea though? He's not been there throughout his contract

Not sure tbh, wonder where he is based. Was he contracted to Reading before Chelsea?

If he is settled up here then it can only help. Fingers crossed because he's been quality, but we have to be agile enough to move to other targets if it's not likely he'll come. 

Gone are the days when i cared about missing out on signings.

There are lots of players out there.

Hate to say it but we probably wouldn't have taken any of the porkers players

before wilder did. Just shows what a decent manager with a plan can do.

• Like 1

I don't think its impossible Hector will join Wednesday this summer the odds are slightly against it.
Good players are always in demand and clubs with less financial issues have an advantage.
Is he from London? If so he is likely to want to play for a club in that area.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s a quality player. But if we don’t get him or can’t afford him then so be it. I think we can still build a solid defence with others. 

Imo with have a ready made replacement in Thorniley.

but I like Thorniley and Hector together

• Like 1

If there's any truth in this (I wouldn't trust the website its from if they told me it went dark at night) it makes a mockery of the whole FFP/parachute payments fiasco - you cannot have them both. He's been on numerous loans, probably played the best football of his career with us, clearly enjoys it and now some bunch of Prem league failures can take him off our hands, it stinks to high heaven.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Unfortunately there will be clubs interested in him that don`t have our financial restrictions......................hope I`m wrong but i have kinda resigned myself to the fact that we wont get him.

Thing is though Chelsea have been embargoed for next year and a half for breaking youth player rules.

If they can’t bring new players in they could well opt for keeping players like Hector in their squad instead of loaning out.

If that's true then he's not coming back here, nice area just down the road from where he's at now, and Fulham will be able to afford the fee and his wages. I don't really expect us to sign him anyway, more hope really. Maybe Iorfa was brought in with an eye on playing centre back next season.

• Like 1

If true then we won't get him unless Bruce can weave his magic. Whatever we offer Chelsea and Hector, Fulham can blow out of the water without even thinking about it. They will get more next season in failure payments than we are allowed to lose over 3 seasons. We are at a massive disadvantage. Our best hope is to unearth a gem or 2, cos any decent player on our radar can be 'stolen' by teams like Fulham. 

No point in worrying about this.

If we can afford Hector, he will choose us. It's a simple as that. He loves the fans.

If we can't afford him, he'll go elsewhere. 50 clubs can be after him, the only reason he'd sign for anyone but us, is because he just don't have the money to match Chelsea's valuation.

Not a bad position to be in.

Edited by Mr Hooper