7 more leave...

Sheffield Wednesday can confirm the release of seven further players from the club.

From the Owls Under-23s, Warren Clarke, Cameron McCulloch, Freddie Nielsen, Connor O’Grady, Dan Wallis and Liam Williams will leave Wednesday following the conclusion of the 2018/19 season.

Meanwhile, Eyad Hammoud from the club’s Under-18s has also been released following the end of his scholarship at Hillsborough.

The Owls would like to thank all of the players above for their services during their time at the club and wish them well for the future.

10 minutes ago, Shipley Owl said:

Agreed. Thought him and Borukov were considered future stars. Anyone know what happened?

It's called the "Wednesday effect"

The scientific world can't quite put a finger on it

• Haha 6

This really does make playing Dan Wallis over Joe Wildsmith for most of the season in the under 23's seem an ever stranger decision.

I do hope there is some master plan to bring players through as this is going to leave the development squad under strength and light on numbers. If we learnt anything from Jos the dross it was don't pick players before they are ready, the under 18's have done very well this year but for some the move up to the under 23's may be too soon.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Hamoud and Clarke were both quite rated. Particularly the former, not sure why we’ve let him go unless he wanted out.

Clarke had an ACL last year and I don't think he has quite reach the level he was.

32 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

We're moving fast. Hope that means room for some incomings.

Wasn't Hammoud supposed to be the next big thing?

wasn't hirst wasn't lonchar the list is endless ,until these lads go out and play league 1-2 football we don't have any prospects who will make the jump to our 1st team 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Didn’t Connor O’Grady feature quite a lot? What happened? 

I think he's only played once, under Carlos: unless there's more than one O'Grady in the U23s. I saw him in the cup game at Cambridge and was very impressed, but that was nearly three years ago. Presumably many players just stagnate and don't improve, and he's one of those.

Guest Bulgaria
55 minutes ago, Shipley Owl said:

Agreed. Thought him and Borukov were considered future stars. Anyone know what happened?

Borukov is finishing my garden patio at the moment, he will be back in time for the new season.

I've tried to squeeze a few club secrets from him but the best I can come up with so far is that Atty has a museum piece down his trousers.

Might explain why he runs a bit like he is impeaded.